You know what never goes out of style? Taylor Talk! In Episode 170 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Taylor Swift’s newest single, “Style”! In “Style,” Taylor relates classic clothing trends that never go out of style to relationships that always seem to keep coming back. We discuss how this metaphor functions in the song and how this song is sure to become an instant classic. What did you think of the song? How do you envision a music video for it? We’d love to hear your thoughts. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 170 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Style” Song Analysis
– Taylor said 1989 wasn’t complete until she wrote “Style.”
– “The way the song sounds and feels, that’s all I need people to know about the story.” – TS
– If Steve didn’t find polaroid references in everything, he wouldn’t be Steve.
– Why do you think Taylor chose 1950s iconic images instead of images from the 1980s?
– So what does “good girl faith” mean to you?
– How do you see this song being performed on tour?
Let me remind you, this was what you wanted… a new episode of Taylor Talk! In Episode 169 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss track five on 1989, “All You Had To Do Was Stay.” The panel is split about their opinions on the song — feel free to weigh in and let us know your thoughts. Do you think Taylor will perform this song on tour even though the high note STAY would be intense for her voice? I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 169 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “All You Had To Do Was Stay” Song Analysis
– You can’t talk about this song without belting STAY. #SwiftFact
– Steve calls this song “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” 1.0.
– Where do you see AYHTDWS fitting into the story of 1989?
– What is it about this song that makes it get stuck in your head so easily?
– How do you think Taylor will pull off singing the STAY part on tour?
Your iPod is glowing in the dark… playing this episode of Taylor Talk! In Episode 168 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss the only song Taylor Swift wrote by herself on 1989, a song called “This Love.” Taylor said “This Love” is about a time when she had to cut someone loose when she didn’t want to, but they came back. What’s your opinion on “This Love”? Do you think Taylor will play it on tour? Let us know what you think of the episode. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 168 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “This Love” Song Analysis
– Was “This Love” the turning point in the story that makes up 1989?
– Fun fact: “This Love” is the only song Taylor wrote by herself on 1989. That makes it good by default.
– Taylor wrote this song about a love that came back. Do you think “This Love” supports a fatalistic view of love then?
– Does this song contain references to “Wildest Dreams,” “I Know Places,” and other songs on the album?
– Steve finds 80s nods everywhere!
– We know any music video for this song must include the ocean. Duh.
Haven’t you heard what becomes of curious minds? They listen to Taylor Talk! In Episode 167 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we analyze one of the most popular bonus tracks on 1989, “Wonderland”! Taylor borrowed from Lewis Carroll’s “Alice in Wonderland” to write this song about an ill-fated romance. What do you think of “Wonderland”? Why do you think Taylor included it as a bonus track instead of on the 1989 album? Let us know what you think. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 167 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Wonderland” Song Analysis
– Steve says “Wonderland” is the “Blank Space” of the 1989 bonus tracks.
– The lyrical tone definitely foreshadows a not so happy ending.
– We discuss people’s habits of sticking their noses into other people’s relationships.
– How do you think the reference to Alice in Wonderland contributed to the meaning of the song?
– Adam wants Tim Burton to direct a music video for “Wonderland.”
This just in: magazines are calling 2014 “The Year of the Swift,” but we already knew that. In Episode 166 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, our year in review episode, your hosts delve into what they believe were Taylor Swift’s top 13 moments of 2014. From finishing up the international RED Tour to selling more 1989 albums than anyone predicted, Taylor Swift has dominated the music scene in 2014. We discuss a bunch of Taylor’s biggest accomplishments this year, but let us know what your favorite was! We’d love to hear from you. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 166 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
– Searching for a sound she hadn’t heard before, Taylor said “Welcome to New York” when she changed to pop music.
– Global superstar she may be, but Taylor Swift still makes time for her fans on Instagram, Tumblr, and even by sending them Christmas presents!
– Taylor came out as a feminist! Yeaaauh!
– That awkward moment when the media still thinks Taylor Swift only writes about boys.
– Remember that time Taylor topped the Canadian iTunes charts with 8 seconds of white noise?
– What was your favorite moment of 2014?
Merry Swiftmas everyone! In Episode 165 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts give you their version of A Swiftmas Carol, the story of an evil music executive who doesn’t support Taylor Swift. Your hosts, helped by the Ghosts of Swiftmas Past, Present, and Future convince Scrooge to become a Swifty. Join us for some holiday laughs and a few surprises along the way. Here at Taylor Talk, we wish you a happy holiday season, however you choose to spend it. Enjoy the episode!