I was reminiscing just the other day… about doing a throwback song analysis that took me away! On Episode 188 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss “Holy Ground,” a song from the RED album that we believe completes the growth/story arc from “Forever & Always,” to “Last Kiss,” and ending with “Holy Ground” (which are all songs rumored to be about the same person). “Holy Ground” is such a mature way to look at a past relationship. We can learn a lot from Taylor Swift.
What’s your take on the song? Particularly, what do you make of the lyric, “and I see your face in every crowd”? Post your thoughts in the comments below. Enjoy!
Highlights from Episode 188 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast Main Discussion: “Holy Ground” Song Analysis
– Adam fanboys over Taylor’s use of the word “reminisce” in true English teacher fashion.
– What’s your interpretation of “New York Time”?
– Is the phrase “holy ground” a religious reference?
– Check out what Diane predicted about “Holy Ground” before the song was released: taylortalk.org/what-could-the-seven-known-red-songs-be-about-editorial (Do we like the blogs? Do we read the blogs?)
– Diane has a light bulb moment years in the making about the end of the song!
– No one can agree on what “And I see your face in every crowd” means. Thoughts?
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW Remember when we featured Kelsea Ballerini in “What Are Swifties Listening To?” then about a week later, Taylor herself tweeted about Kelsea? Well… In this week’s episode, we chat with Kelsea Ballerini about that moment, plus her upcoming album and more! After that, the Amazing Steve-dini worked his magic and salvaged the second half of our “Wildest Dreams” analysis from last week! Let us know your thoughts and what you think of “Wildest Dreams.” Enjoy the episode!
Also: We were nominated for BEST ENTERTAINMENT PODCAST at the 2015 Podcast Awards!! VOTE AT PODCASTAWARDS.COM DAILY.
Highlights from Episode 178 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast Main Discussion 1: EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW – Kelsea Ballerini
– What was it like for Kelsea when Taylor tweeted about her and her music?
– We know Taylor is jamming to Kelsea’s EP. But what is Kelsea’s favorite Taylor song?
– Kelsea reveals a song title off her upcoming album! Find out what it is
– Are you going to see Kelsea perform outside Heinz Stadium in Pittsburgh before Taylor goes on? ‘Cause ya should! Steve will be there, so go join him to see Kelsea LIVE!
Disclaimer: This episode contains a repeated use of the “K-Word.” In Episode 117 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts discuss “Innocent,” a song written in response to the 2009 MTV VMAs made infamous when Kanye West interrupted Taylor Swift during her acceptance speech for Female Video of the Year. However, we analyze this song in a new way to unearth themes of forgiveness, acceptance, and growing up. Listen up for lots of laughs and insight from our hosts in this SUPER episode. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 117 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast:
– “Innocent”… what is this song really about?
– “I spoke to her mother right after and she said the same thing my mother would’ve said.” -Kanye — What did Mama Swift say??
– Think this song is just a song about Kanye? Think again… It goes WAY deeper than that!
– The hosts discuss how this song portrays the shocking realizations of life not always being the way you want it to be.
– Mishell is back by popular demand!
– Check out Taylor’s fourth collection for Keds at taylorswift.com/keds
– Only one week until the Grammy Awards! Watch the show on Sun Jan 26th on CBS at 8pm.
– We debut a brand new game… “If This Was a Movie”
– We bring you the return of Adam’s Batman voice!
– Mishell wants stuffed Merediths in the Taylor Swift store! Are you listening Taylor Nation?
– A listener puts herself in the director’s chair and tells us how she’d direct a music video for “Innocent.”
– If Swifties ruled the world, the soundtrack from every movie would be written by Taylor.
– Taylor Talk Large and XL t-shirts are sold out! Only small and medium shirts are left in the store.
Listen up for full coverage of the 2013 CMA Awards! Your Taylor Talk hosts discuss what an incredible night it was for Taylor Swift; Not only did she take home four CMAs, but one of them was the highly coveted Pinnacle Award (*cough*pinneapple award*cough*)! We revel in what an amazing achievement this was for Taylor as well as analyze her special performance of “Red,” featuring Vince Gill & Alison Krauss. Let us know what you thought of the CMAs and enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 96 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
– Taylor won four awards tonight: Musical Event of the Year & Video of the Year for “Highway Don’t Care,” the International Artist Achievement Award, and the coveted Pinnacle Award.
– Check out episode 62 for our interview with Shane Drake, the video director for “Highway Don’t Care”
– What did y’all think of Taylor’s CMA performance of “Red”?
– Be sure to purchase the 2013 CMA Awards version of “Red” on iTunes now!
– Diane got very emotional when Taylor was presented with her Pinnacle Award! Raise your hand if you cried too.
– The Pinnacle Award proves how incredibly influential Taylor Swift is, not only in the country music scene, but in music itself.
– “And most of all the fans, who filled stadiums… thank you thank you I love you made me feel so special right now.” -From Taylor Swift’s Pinnacle Award acceptance speech
– Fun Fact: The only other artist to be honored with the Pinnacle Award was Garth Brooks in 2005.
– We challenge you to make a Taylor Swift meme holding the “pineapple award” before Steve does!!
– Reminder: please vote for us daily in the 9th annual Podcast Awards! We are nominated for People’s Choice & Entertainment. Thank you so much for voting!
What do you get when you cross a young ginger with a wavy haired blonde? The “Everything Has Changed” music video, of course!! With it’s release late in the evening on June 5th, “Everything Has Changed” has become the latest music video in Taylor Swift’s line up. Listen in as our team takes you through a fun and informational analysis of this brilliantly shot analysis. Have your own thoughts on the video? Leave them in the comments below!
In Episode 66:
-Adam and Steve are reporting from Nashville, TN at CMA Fest
–BUY YOUR TSHIRTS FAST! They’re selling like crazy! Every t-shirt comes with a special mystery gift!
-As always, our partners @TSwiftOnTour provides us with a weekly tour update
-Adam has some issues pronouncing “Louisville” like the local Kentuckians
-Taylor played “Red” at the CMT Awards. Think it’ll be the next country single?
-We do a brief recap of the CMT Awards and what went on there
-Something really cool happened at Taylor’s CMA Fest performance. Want to find out what?
-“You Know You’re A Swifty When…”/”If Swifties Ruled The World…”
-The team breaks down the brand new “Everything Has Changed” music video, asking questions like:
-Was the video supposed to be released when it was?
-Does the video fit the theme of the song?
-Who was cuter? Little Ed or Little Taylor?
-What did our panel think of the surprise ending?
“Everything Has Changed Music Video
Taylor Surprises A Contestant on The Voice
Performance on The Voice
Taylor Performs with The Rolling Stones in Chicago
Taylor and Ed Perform on Britain’s Got Talent
Taylor Performs “Enchanted” In Denver, CO
Taylor Dances To Florida Georgia Line’s “Cruise” at CMT Awards
Taylor Performs “Red” at CMT Awards
Taylor’s CMA Fest Performance, filmed by Taylor Talk host Steve!
Diane, Steve and I (Adam) take you through a great discussion this week where we explore the possibility that Taylor Swift’s career has hit a peak. Has it? Find out our opinions in Episode 58!
In Episode 58:
-Adam forgets his co-hosts names.. Whoops!
-The hosts recap their ACM discussion from last week after finding some more information regarding the voting criteria for Entertainer of the Year (find the voting information here)
-Steve was in attendance at the Tim McGraw Special the night after the ACM’s and lets us know what we can expect when it airs on CBS on May 19th.
-Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran go to Disney World, upsetting some guests who had to wait in line while Taylor and Ed didn’t. Is that fair of them to get mad?
-Should US Magazine have featured “boyfriends” that Taylor has never actually dated in her Collector’s Edition?
-For our main discussion, our hosts discuss a BIG question on the minds of many Swifties – HAS TAYLOR SWIFT HIT HER PEAK?
-What could keep Taylor on top as opposed to other artists that have faded away?
-What can Taylor do in the future to maintain her large audience? Is there potential internationally to continue growing?
-Why do people think Taylor has hit her plateau and is on the way out?
-Does negative press regarding Taylor’s love life hurt or help Taylor’s career?
-Another round of Wheel of Taylor stumps Steve, but Diane actually gets TWO questions right (Steve’s and her own)!