Who else has won Billboard Woman of the Year TWICE? Just Taylor Swift. In Episode 163 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss all the latest goings-on in Taylor’s life, from the Jingle Ball in Los Angeles and London, the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, her Grammy nominations, and Taylor’s Woman of the Year interview with Billboard. What do you think of Taylor’s recent accomplishments? They keep racking up! Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 163 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast Main Discussion: Taylor News – Billboard to Jingle Ball
– Scott Borchetta, the President of Big Machine Records, will be a mentor on the next season of American Idol.
– Taylor Swift performs at three Jingle Ball events around the world. Is her setlist a hint at what she’ll perform on the 1989 tour? Taylor gave KIIS FM the details on her 1989 tour.
– Look out, Tay, three Grammy nominations coming your way!
– Taylor Swift becomes the two-time winner of Billboard’s Woman of the Year. Read her cover story on Writing Her Own Rules, Not Becoming a Cliche and the Hurdle of Going Pop.
– “I wouldn’t be a singer if I weren’t a songwriter. I have no interest in singing someone else’s words.” – TS
– Get ready Aussies, Taylor Swift is bringing the 1989 tour to Australia!
– Taylor filmed the Victoria’s Secret Fashion show this week. Be sure to tune in on Dec. 9th on CBS!
– I don’t know about you, but Taylor Swift will be feeling TWENTY FIVE on Saturday!
– You know you’re a Taylor Swift when…
– What would Taylor do if she showed up to a concert and there were only guys in the audience?
– Swifties are listening to “The Hanging Tree” from the Hunger Games soundtrack.
Taylor Swift has come out of the closet… as a feminist! In Episode 149 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Taylor’s recent admission that she’s been a feminist all along; she just didn’t know it. Our good friend, Kate, @hipstertswift, a passionate feminist, joins us to discuss what feminism is and what it means for Taylor Swift. We hope you enjoy the show. Feel free to share your thoughts! Happy listening
Highlights from Episode 149 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast Main Discussion: Taylor Swift Says She IS A Feminist!
– Our good friend, Kate (@hipstertswift), joins us as our ‘feminist correspondent’ to discuss Taylor’s new-found understanding of feminism.
– Taylor embodies the idea that you can also be a feminist while being feminine.
– Fun fact: Having a boyfriend has nothing to do with whether or not you are a feminist!
– We talk about the hidden feminist messages Taylor has had in her lyrics all along.
– Girls are always put against each other in society (example on PerezHilton.com)… It’s the sad truth, my friends.
– Does anyone ever tell Ed Sheeran that he has a lot of feelings? No. But people attack Taylor for the same reason.
– Read more of Taylor’s views on feminism, life, and much more in The Guardian.
– Check out another perspective on Taylor Swift & Feminism in our good friend Agustin’s blog at theswiftagency.com.
– Want to hear us talk even more about Taylor Swift and feminism? Listen to our interview with @FeministTSwift from June 2013.
– “Shake It Off” just became Taylor’s 60th song to make it on the Billboard Top 100!!
– Taylor is set to be a mentor this season for NBC’s “The Voice.” Tune in starting September 22nd!
– You know you’re a Swifty when you memorized “Shake It Off” in an hour!
– Swifties are listening to “Amnesia” by 5 Seconds of Summer
Taylor’s using album five to take us back to 1989! On August 18th, Taylor held a Yahoo LiveStream event to announce a new single, “Shake It Off,” her new album “1989” (available 10/27!), and a new music video!! Taylor’s live stream was a massive unload of a bunch of new, exciting information, and your hosts are SO excited to unpack it all! We give our initial thoughts about the theme of 1989, how we love that “Shake It Off” is a complete dance party, and we marvel at the music video. Feel free to share your thoughts about the direction Taylor’s taking her new music. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 147 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast Main Discussion – New Single “Shake It Off” And New Album 1989
– We should have know the polaroid pictures were a clue!
– Taylor was inspired by the late 1980s for her new album, a time period only Steve remembers.
– Want to meet Taylor Swift? Enter Swiftstakes (like sweepstakes, only “annoying”) for a chance to win concert tickets and meet and greets! Details to follow on taylorswift.com.
– Debate: “fake” vs. “bake.” What’s the verdict?
– The hosts conclude that “Shake It Off” is hella good.
– Swift fact: Taylor believes you can tell a lot about a person by how willing they are to dance. She even asked fans to dance with her in the “Shake It Off” music video!
– I don’t know about you, but the “Shake It Off” music video gave us SO many costume ideas for the 1989 Tour!!
Hey, by the way… the newest episode of Taylor Talk is out!! In Episode 144 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss one of the die-hard Swifties’ favorite songs: “Stay Beautiful.” Although this is a song Taylor wrote when she was in her teenage years, in light of a recent Instagram post, she still believes in the selfless of unrequited love. Be sure to share your thoughts on the song. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 144 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast Main Discussion – “Stay Beautiful” Song Analysis
– Taylor probably wrote this song about her fourth grade crush: Cory Robertson referenced in the Target commercial.
– We decipher how someone could possibly “smile like the radio.”
– Have you ever had such a huge crush on someone that you couldn’t talk to them? Adam says he hasn’t. I think he’s lying.
– We marvel at Taylor’s continued poignant admiration of unrequited love, most recently in an Instagram post.
– For some reason, Adam and Sami break into a short rendition of “Summer Lovin” Grease.
– Sami found her wings in New York City too!
– Fun fact: if you tell Taylor it’s your birthday in Central Park, she may buy you dinner!
– Taylor Swift is performing at the iHeartRadio Music Festival! We assume her newest single will be out before then
– You know you’re a Swifty when you pay your siblings to be quiet when you’re listening to Taylor Talk :’D
– Swifties are listening to “Mother & Father” by Broods.
– Please leave Taylor Talk a GOOD voicemail! A lot of them are creepy….
Join us as we discuss Taylor’s biggest news this month! Although it’s not an album five announcement, Taylor Swift has now been published in the Wall Street Journal! In Episode 142 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts talk about the WSJ entitled “For Taylor Swift, the Future of Music is a Love Story.” It’s a wonderful piece, full of great “nuggets” of industry insider information. Feel free to share your thoughts on the article, and enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 142 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast Main Discussion – Taylor Swift’s Wall Street Journal Article
– Taylor admits piracy is on the rise, but believes artists should “realize their worth and ask for it.”
– Adam gets heated over what type of music is considered “art”
– Raise your hand if you plan on sharing Taylor’s music with your grandkids!!
– Taylor has always been a fan of the element of surprise (notice I did not say shock).
– Taylor Talk also enjoys the element of surprise… the people who’ve bought Taylor Talk t-shirts know this
– Which would you rather have: an autograph or a selfie with a celebrity?
– Awesome alert: Taylor has finally addressed the eternal genre question!
– Did you know that you can help raise money for charity AND get the chance to meet the cast of The Giver?
– Vote for Taylor so she can dominate the Teen Choice Awards!
– You know you’re a Swifty when you go to your parent’s office and fax other companies various pictures of Taylor….. Oops. Good going.
– What would Taylor do if Tim McGraw wrote a song called “Taylor Swift”?
– Swifties are listening to “Not In That Way” by Sam Smith
having post-red tour depression? we are too. in episode 138 of tayLor talk: the taylOr swift podcast, we give you our top 13 momeNts of the red era. as there were so many amazinG moments, we are bound to have missed a few of your favorites, so Let us know what you loved about the red era (samI also adVisEs you to put your red Tour memorieS in the memory boxes of life). enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 138 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast Main Discussion – Top 13 Moments of the RED Era:
– It is actually the end of the RED Tour… so we decided to recap our Top 13 Moments of the RED Era.
– Fun fact: “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” was Taylor’s first number one on the Billboard Top 100!
– That awkward moment when Adam gets confused for Prince William.
– The RED Tour broke so many records, including playing in Shanghai, China for the first time (and selling out the show in one minute!!)
– The tour included so many special guests AND introduced us to someone who has now become one of our favorite artists: Ed Sheeran!
– Remember that time Taylor performed “All Too Well” at the Grammys because the fans asked her to?! Good times.
– Let us know what your top RED Era Tour memories were! We’d love to hear them!
– We want to wish a very happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there, including Scott Swift, Taylor’s #1 fan!
– Ed Sheeran and Scott Borchetta said potentially conflicting things about Taylor’s upcoming 5th album… who’s right?
– Taylor Swift is featured in Ed Sheeran’s “Nine Days and Nights of Ed Sheeran” Special. Watch it to support this BFFL team!
– You know you’re a Swifty when you make “secret messages” in your writings