This episode goes out to Mama Swift, and all the moms out there this Mother’s Day. We discuss Andrea Swift’s involvement in Taylor’s career and how, if not for her mother’s tremendous support, Taylor’s music wouldn’t be the same. Enjoy the show!
Also, if you’re able to this Mother’s Day, please consider donating to the Ronan Thompson Foundation to help fight childhood cancer. Every little bit counts.
Highlights from Episode 133 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast Main Discussion:
– This mother’s day we celebrate the woman who gave us Taylor Swift.
– How did Andrea’s support and influence shape Taylor’s career?
– Taylor’s mom provided a strong model of a hard-working woman. We think that’s why Taylor never does anything halfway.
– We discuss the HUGE impact parenting has on a child’s personality and the way they treat others.
– If Andrea had raised Taylor in any other way, her music would not be the same.
– Andrea is so thankful to the fans for supporting her daughter. If you ever meet her, she’s SO nice.
– Adam shares a story that proves what an amazing mama bear Andrea is!
– You only get ONE vote for the CMT Awards… so make sure you vote TSwift!
– Also, vote for Taylor Swift at the Canadian Much Music Awards.
– We cover the 12 Things You Never Knew About Taylor Swift, straight from the Keds event!
– You know you are a Swifty when you feel obligated to write everything you want to tell Taylor each time you post something on Instagram, because what if she likes/comment and you don’t have another chance?
– What are Swifties listening to? “She Looks So Perfect” by 5 Seconds of Summer.
– The Fearless Box Set Giveaway is still open! Listen to the entire episode for a code word to get more entries
I’m a crumbled up piece of paper lying here because Taylor performed “All Too Well” at the Grammys! On Episode 118 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, the hosts give you full coverage of the 56th Grammy Awards. We discuss the red carpet, the nature of the Grammy awards and how they pick the winners, and Taylor’s breath-taking performance of “All Too Well.” We also go back in the Taylor Swift time machine and discuss Taylor’s past Grammy performances from 2009-2013. And even though Taylor didn’t win a Grammy this year, she is still our seven-time Grammy winning girl, our favorite. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 118 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast:
– The RED Tour is coming to London! Taylor will perform at London’s O2 on Feb. 1st & 2nd.
– We bring you full coverage of the 56th Grammy Awards!
– What did you think of Taylor Swift’s red carpet dress? The hosts give mixed reviews.
– Maya loved Colbie Caillat’s red dress.
– Grammy winners are determined “without regard to album sales or chart promotion.” That explains it.
– Adam defines an “artist” as someone who writes or at least co-writes their own music.
– Diane is baffled by Daft Punk’s helmets. What?
– That moment when you accidentally think RED won Album of the Year and then your heart is broken…
– Why did Fearless win Album of the Year and RED didn’t?
– Can we talk about how incredible it is that Taylor chose to perform “All Too Well” because the Swifties asked her to?
– Taylor sure looked pissed about that scarf!
– What’s your all-time favorite Taylor Swift Grammy performance? We discuss her performances from 2008-2013.
– Fun fact: Queen Latifah can marry you now!
– You know you’re a Swifty when you describe yourself as a hardcore Taylor Swift fan.
– View all the nominees and winners of the 56th Grammy Awards at grammy.com/nominees.
Mainstream pop music is evolving… will Taylor Swift follow the change or break from it? In Episode 113 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts — Adam, Diane, Steve, and Sami — discuss Taylor’s relationship to the changing landscape of pop music. Artists like Lorde, Lana Del Rey, and others are creating unique and edgier sounds. Could Taylor move in that direction and make music along the lines of “I Knew You Were Trouble”? What if she dropped in album with no warning like Beyonce? Regardless, Taylor always does something incredible to surprise the fans. Be sure to let us know what you think is next for Taylor in terms of her sound. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 113 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast:
– We want to thank everyone for their amazing support & helping us get nominated for a podcast award. We have the best listeners ever!
– Taylor Swift will help launch CMT After MidNite With Cody Alan, a new radio show. Taylor will appear on Tuesday January 7th.
– Did you know the RED Tour sold 1.5 million tickets? Whoa.
– Beyonce dropped an album in the middle of the night with no promotion — would Taylor do that?
– It would be super cool if Taylor Swift announced her next album on Taylor Talk. Just saying.
– Artists like Lorde, Passenger, and A Great Big World are changing the sound of pop music. We wonder if Taylor’s new sound will be similar to theirs.
– You know you’re a Swifty when your friend complains that you tweet about Taylor too much. Oops.
– Swifties are listening to the new motion picture soundtrack for the film Frozen!
What would you do if you could direct a Taylor Swift music video? Listen up to Episode 98 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast as your hosts — Adam, Diane, and Steve — pick their favorite Taylor Swift songs and wear the “director’s hat” to plan the videos. We discuss different ways one could film “Enchanted,” “All Too Well,” and “Holy Ground,” just to name a few. Let us know if you come up with any creative music video directing ideas! Happy listening
Highlights from Episode 98 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
– Taylor Swift’s appearance on the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show will air on December 10th on CBS.
– Which one of Taylor’s songs has impacted you the most?
– Diane shocks Adam and Steve with a very “morbid” take on “Long Live”
– If you could have any Taylor Swift song made into a music video that hasn’t been already, which one would you pick?
– We wear the director’s hat and plan music videos for “Enchanted,” “Holy Ground,” “All Too Well,” “The Lucky One,” and “State of Grace.”
_ Want to wish Taylor Swift a happy birthday? Visit HappyBirthdayTaylor.com to leave Taylor Swift a birthday message. The deadline is November 20th.
– Don’t forget to vote for Taylor Talk in the Podcast Awards for the People’s Choice and Entertainment categories. Voting closes THIS Friday, November 15th at 9pm EST. Thank you everyone for voting!
Join Adam, Maya, Diane, and Agustin (@TheSwiftAgency) for the 64th installment of Taylor Talk as we discuss “Everything Has Changed,” a sweet acoustic duet featuring Ed Sheeran. You may remember Agustin from the All Guys Episode of Taylor Talk, and he was nice enough to return to offer his insight into the world of Taylor Swift! Agustin is known for his blog about The Agency and Taylor Swift, and on this episode of Taylor Talk, he adds comparing Agency members to creatures Alice encounters in Wonderland to his repertoire. Listen up to find out more! Enjoy
In Episode 64:
– Taylor is performing in Australia near her birthday (12/13). Join the movement to wish her a very happy birthday via twitter (@TaylorSwiftBday), Facebook, and Taylor Connect.
– Taylor has been tweeting some HILARIOUS things recently!
– Check out Diet Coke’s Extraordinary22.com for a chance to win tickets to see Taylor Swift in concert!
– Part Two of Keds Presents Taylor Swift on Style has been released
– Taylor Swift continues to snatch up nominations, this time for CMT and the Teen Choice Awards
– Happy Birthday Liz Huett!
– @TSwiftOnTour makes their debut for tour updates on Taylor Talk!
– Agustin is super excited for the return of the mini-segments!!
– So you just wanna know it better now know it better now…. we break apart “Everything Has Changed,” the touching duet between Ed and Taylor
– Swifties are listening to “Statues” by Nina Nesbitt
– What would Taylor do if she fell into a rabbit hole and wound up in Wonderland… what characters would each band member be?
Tonight, Taylor Swift got to carry home another award for her collection, the People’s Choice Award 2013 for Favorite Country Artist. Congratulations Taylor!
Taylor rocked the awards tonight, arriving in a sleek, low cut white dress with a train sweeping beyond her heels. The show was filled with many memorable moments, including when PCA host, Kaley Cuoco, named Taylor the President of the United States. Taylor, looking baffled, shrugged her shoulders at Kaley’s remark. Also, Adam Levine, complimented Taylor on her charm during his acceptance speech for Favorite Band.
If you missed the show or you’d like to relive it, you can view photos of her red carpet look below as well as watch the video of Taylor winning her PCA. Enjoy!
To view a complete list of tonights winners and nominees, visit Hypable.com.