I know places you can listen to Taylor Talk… Episode 172 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast is all about one of Taylor’s coolest sounding tracks on 1989, “I Know Places.” Taylor wrote this song about elements that try to ruin a love (ex. friends, media, paparazzi, etc.), but the “foxes” escape the “hunters” in the end. What do you think of the song? What would the music video for “I Know Places” look like if you could direct it? We’d love to hear your thoughts. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 172 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “I Know Places” Song Analysis
– Taylor sent co-writer Ryan Tedder a rough draft version of “I Know Places” before recording it.
– Did you know Tay can make up lyrics on the spot? That’s the mark of a great songwriter.
– It’s fascinating how this song moves from a song about running to a song about love.
– Fun Fact: Taylor says her spirit animal is a fox.
– What would you rate “I Know Places” out of 13?
Merry Swiftmas everyone! In Episode 165 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts give you their version of A Swiftmas Carol, the story of an evil music executive who doesn’t support Taylor Swift. Your hosts, helped by the Ghosts of Swiftmas Past, Present, and Future convince Scrooge to become a Swifty. Join us for some holiday laughs and a few surprises along the way. Here at Taylor Talk, we wish you a happy holiday season, however you choose to spend it. Enjoy the episode!
Who else has won Billboard Woman of the Year TWICE? Just Taylor Swift. In Episode 163 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss all the latest goings-on in Taylor’s life, from the Jingle Ball in Los Angeles and London, the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, her Grammy nominations, and Taylor’s Woman of the Year interview with Billboard. What do you think of Taylor’s recent accomplishments? They keep racking up! Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 163 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: Taylor News – Billboard to Jingle Ball
– Scott Borchetta, the President of Big Machine Records, will be a mentor on the next season of American Idol.
– Taylor Swift performs at three Jingle Ball events around the world. Is her setlist a hint at what she’ll perform on the 1989 tour? Taylor gave KIIS FM the details on her 1989 tour.
– Look out, Tay, three Grammy nominations coming your way!
– Taylor Swift becomes the two-time winner of Billboard’s Woman of the Year. Read her cover story on Writing Her Own Rules, Not Becoming a Cliche and the Hurdle of Going Pop.
– “I wouldn’t be a singer if I weren’t a songwriter. I have no interest in singing someone else’s words.” – TS
– Get ready Aussies, Taylor Swift is bringing the 1989 tour to Australia!
– Taylor filmed the Victoria’s Secret Fashion show this week. Be sure to tune in on Dec. 9th on CBS!
– I don’t know about you, but Taylor Swift will be feeling TWENTY FIVE on Saturday!
– You know you’re a Taylor Swift when…
– What would Taylor do if she showed up to a concert and there were only guys in the audience?
– Swifties are listening to “The Hanging Tree” from the Hunger Games soundtrack.
Nice to meet you, where you been? You should listen to Taylor Talk! In Episode 159 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Taylor Swift’s newest single “Blank Space,” a song that originally started out as a joke to mock the fictionalized character the media created from Taylor Swift’s alleged “serial dating habits.” It’s a catchy, well-written song, and join us as we analyze the lyrics line by line. There’s no doubt that “Blank Space” will become an instant hit. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 159 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Blank Space” Song Analysis
– “Hey, I want to write this completely satirical song about the fictionalization of my personal life…” said Taylor Swift, and that became “Blank Space”
– Which “Blank Space” song lyric is your favorite?
– Sami discusses the idea that Taylor embedded a little bit of her exes into each part of the song.
– Is there a reference to “The Lucky One” in “Blank Space?”
– We discuss what “Blank Space” would look like on the 1989 World Tour.
– In the likely chance that the official music video for “Blank Space” will be released this week, Steve has a hilarious idea as to what the music video might look like.
Submit to the Show!
– 1989 had the year’s largest first week sales of nearly 1.3 million!! Yeaaauh Taylor feels amazin’.
– The 1989 World Tour has been announced! Check out taylorswift.com/events to see when it comes to your city.
– If swifties ruled the world the air would always smell like Wonderstruck.
– Swifties are listening to Cali Rodi’s “Friends Like Us.” Check out her seven free songs at CaliRodi.com.
TAYLOR CONNECT: TaylorTalk13
VOICEMAIL: (240) 31-SWIFT / (240) 317-9438
Videos Referenced in Episode 159 Of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Taylor Swift: “Blank Space” Began As A Joke // SiriusXM // Hits 1
Since we heart Taylor Swift, we’re talking about iHeartRadio!
In Episode 152 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Taylor’s incredible 2014 iHeartRadio performance! She performed her top pop songs, including “Shake It Off” and a special remix of “Love Story.” What did y’all think of the show? We’d love to hear your thoughts. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 152 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: Taylor Swift’s iHeartRadio Performance
– Taylor opened the iHeartRadio weekend with a hilarious secret agent-esque video
– What did you think of Taylor incorporating horn instruments in her band?
– I’m in love love love with Taylor’s revamp version of “Love Story.”
– We wonder if her iHeartRadio performance will be representative of the 1989 tour.
Swifties, get ready for some REAL TALK.
In Episode 151 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Rolling Stone’s follow-up to Taylor’s cover story, “22 Things You Learn Hanging Out With Taylor Swift.”
Not only does this article give us some insight on Taylor’s personality and beliefs, it also gives us two (3?) new song titles! Your hosts — Adam, Diane, and Sami — note our favorite parts of the article and theorize about what Taylor’s new songs could be about. What do you think? Feel free to share your thoughts. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 151 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: Rolling Stone’s “22 Things You Learn Hanging Out With Taylor Swift”
– We’re so happy that Rolling Stone decided to release this over-flow material, because it’s so fun!
– Alert: Both Diane and Taylor Swift cry while drinking wine.
– We debate whether or not Taylor Swift will ever have an explicit album (no, no, no)
– Only Taylor Swift would have a greeting card writing room!
– The similarities between Taylor Swift and her grandmother are uncanny.
– Adam admits he’s taken a sneaky photo of a celebrity before. And he got caught. Oops.
– Taylor Swift admits that she’s never been in love. Like never ever. (it will never get old)
– You can grow up, but it’s never okay to get old.
– Taylor’s album is a “pop poetic party” — the writing is still going to be good, guys!
– What are your opinions on “Wildest Dreams”, “You are Love”, and “I Know Places (?)”