Who else has won Billboard Woman of the Year TWICE? Just Taylor Swift. In Episode 163 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss all the latest goings-on in Taylor’s life, from the Jingle Ball in Los Angeles and London, the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, her Grammy nominations, and Taylor’s Woman of the Year interview with Billboard. What do you think of Taylor’s recent accomplishments? They keep racking up! Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 163 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast Main Discussion: Taylor News – Billboard to Jingle Ball
– Scott Borchetta, the President of Big Machine Records, will be a mentor on the next season of American Idol.
– Taylor Swift performs at three Jingle Ball events around the world. Is her setlist a hint at what she’ll perform on the 1989 tour? Taylor gave KIIS FM the details on her 1989 tour.
– Look out, Tay, three Grammy nominations coming your way!
– Taylor Swift becomes the two-time winner of Billboard’s Woman of the Year. Read her cover story on Writing Her Own Rules, Not Becoming a Cliche and the Hurdle of Going Pop.
– “I wouldn’t be a singer if I weren’t a songwriter. I have no interest in singing someone else’s words.” – TS
– Get ready Aussies, Taylor Swift is bringing the 1989 tour to Australia!
– Taylor filmed the Victoria’s Secret Fashion show this week. Be sure to tune in on Dec. 9th on CBS!
– I don’t know about you, but Taylor Swift will be feeling TWENTY FIVE on Saturday!
– You know you’re a Taylor Swift when…
– What would Taylor do if she showed up to a concert and there were only guys in the audience?
– Swifties are listening to “The Hanging Tree” from the Hunger Games soundtrack.
Nice to meet you, where you been? You should listen to Taylor Talk! In Episode 159 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Taylor Swift’s newest single “Blank Space,” a song that originally started out as a joke to mock the fictionalized character the media created from Taylor Swift’s alleged “serial dating habits.” It’s a catchy, well-written song, and join us as we analyze the lyrics line by line. There’s no doubt that “Blank Space” will become an instant hit. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 159 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast Main Discussion: “Blank Space” Song Analysis
– “Hey, I want to write this completely satirical song about the fictionalization of my personal life…” said Taylor Swift, and that became “Blank Space”
– Which “Blank Space” song lyric is your favorite?
– Sami discusses the idea that Taylor embedded a little bit of her exes into each part of the song.
– Is there a reference to “The Lucky One” in “Blank Space?”
– We discuss what “Blank Space” would look like on the 1989 World Tour.
– In the likely chance that the official music video for “Blank Space” will be released this week, Steve has a hilarious idea as to what the music video might look like.
– 1989 had the year’s largest first week sales of nearly 1.3 million!! Yeaaauh Taylor feels amazin’.
– The 1989 World Tour has been announced! Check out taylorswift.com/events to see when it comes to your city.
– If swifties ruled the world the air would always smell like Wonderstruck.
– Swifties are listening to Cali Rodi’s “Friends Like Us.” Check out her seven free songs at CaliRodi.com.
Since we heart Taylor Swift, we’re talking about iHeartRadio! In Episode 152 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Taylor’s incredible 2014 iHeartRadio performance! She performed her top pop songs, including “Shake It Off” and a special remix of “Love Story.” What did y’all think of the show? We’d love to hear your thoughts. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 152 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast Main Discussion: Taylor Swift’s iHeartRadio Performance
– Taylor opened the iHeartRadio weekend with a hilarious secret agent-esque video
– What did you think of Taylor incorporating horn instruments in her band?
– I’m in love love love with Taylor’s revamp version of “Love Story.”
– We wonder if her iHeartRadio performance will be representative of the 1989 tour. Read more
Swifties, get ready for some REAL TALK. In Episode 151 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Rolling Stone’s follow-up to Taylor’s cover story, “22 Things You Learn Hanging Out With Taylor Swift.” Not only does this article give us some insight on Taylor’s personality and beliefs, it also gives us two (3?) new song titles! Your hosts — Adam, Diane, and Sami — note our favorite parts of the article and theorize about what Taylor’s new songs could be about. What do you think? Feel free to share your thoughts. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 151 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast Main Discussion: Rolling Stone’s “22 Things You Learn Hanging Out With Taylor Swift”
– We’re so happy that Rolling Stone decided to release this over-flow material, because it’s so fun!
– Alert: Both Diane and Taylor Swift cry while drinking wine.
– We debate whether or not Taylor Swift will ever have an explicit album (no, no, no)
– Only Taylor Swift would have a greeting card writing room!
– The similarities between Taylor Swift and her grandmother are uncanny.
– Adam admits he’s taken a sneaky photo of a celebrity before. And he got caught. Oops.
– Taylor Swift admits that she’s never been in love. Like never ever. (it will never get old)
– You can grow up, but it’s never okay to get old.
– Taylor’s album is a “pop poetic party” — the writing is still going to be good, guys!
– What are your opinions on “Wildest Dreams”, “You are Love”, and “I Know Places (?)” Read more
We’re better known for the things that we do on…. the podcast! In Episode 150 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss one of Taylor Swift’s most in-your-face songs, “Better Than Revenge.” Taylor wrote this at an age when she still believed that a girl could steal her boyfriend, but in light of her recent feminist admission, she’s changed her tune. What do you guys think of “Better Than Revenge”? Did your thoughts change after you listened to our feminist discussion on Episode 149? Feel free to share your thoughts. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 150 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast Main Discussion: “Better Than Revenge” Song Analysis
– This song is probably inspired by a boy who broke up with Taylor in a 27 second phone call. Maybe.
– That awkward moment when The Jonas Brothers write a mean song about Taylor and she comes back with a “much better” song.
– We debate who exactly Taylor is trying to get revenge on: Camilla or Joe?
– Steve gives us a poetic rendition of “Much Better” by the Jonas Brothers. Snap if you appreciate it.
– Diane filmed a short music video for Better Than Revenge back in the day
– Do you think Taylor Swift regrets writing this song?
– Taylor performed “Shake It Off” at the German Radio Awards. Which performance did you like better: VMAs or the GRA?
– Taylor Swift was nominated for CMA Female Vocalist of the year! Did they forget Taylor’s pop now?
– You know you’re a Swifty when you started drinking Pumpkin Spice Lattes because Taylor drinks them!
– Swifties (and Taylor Swift) are listening to “Work Song” by Hozier.
Hey, hey, hey, we just can’t shake off “Shake It Off”! In Episode 148 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, special guest, Ashley, takes us all behind the scenes of the “Shake It Off” music video — A place where no Swifty has gone before!! The team also takes a look at Taylor’s first ever LIVE PERFORMANCE of “Shake It Off” from the MTV Video Music Awards!! We had a blast recording this, so we hope you enjoy it. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 148 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast Main Discussion: Taylor Swift’s VMA Performance of “Shake It Off”
– We interview Ashley, a fan, who got to be an extra in the “Shake It Off” music video! (Read her blog about it)
– How did Ashley get chosen? What was the audition process? How did Taylor do as a director??
– Enter now, Taylor Swift, the sensational pop superstar!!
– What did you think of Taylor Swift’s modern flapper costume? What about her rompin’ around in a romper on the Red Carpet?
– Sami thinks Taylor’s “almost” jump off the 1989 sign was to remind people she’s still awkward; She’s still our Tay.
– Do you think this performance will inspire Taylor’s tour performance of “Shake It Off”?
– Who watched Taylor’s ALS Ice Bucket Challenge?!
– Taylor told Good Morning America that in order to beat the haters, “you have to have more fun than them.”
– You know you’re a Swifty when it saddens you to hear the end of a Taylor Talk Episode because you need to wait another week for the next one… exceptnowtheepisodeissoversorry…