1989 TOUR SPOILERS GALORE! In Episode 184 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, Adam and Diane bring you their review of Taylor Swift’s 1989 Tour. After seeing the show at Rock In Rio in Vegas and in Bossier City, Louisiana, we wanted to give you our initial impressions of Taylor’s new show. We discuss the setlist in detail, Taylor’s elaborate costumes, dancers, and more. If you haven’t seen the show yet and don’t care about being spoiled, listen up! And if you have seen the show, what did you think? Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 184 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: 1989 World Tour Initial Review
– If you want to stay 1989 Tour spoiler-free, do not listen to this episode!!
– We go song by song and describe each performance of 1989.
– Which song stole the show?
– If you’ve seen the 1989 tour, did anything disappoint you?
– Did you can pre-buy merchandise ahead of time and pick it up at your concert? Check out https://squareup.com/the-1989-world-tour for more info.
– Remember: you MUST go visit Taylor Nation Headquarters if you attend a concert!
The “Bad Blood” Music Video SIZZLES! Taylor Swift set the Swifty fandom on fire with her world premiere of the “Bad Blood” music video at the 2015 Billboard Music Awards. Full of cameos from her best friends, sexy action sequences, and a remix with Kendrick Lamar, Taylor delivers one of her best music videos to date. What are your thoughts on the music video? What do you think of Kendrick Lamar’s rap? Let us know! Hope you enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 183 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Bad Blood” Music Video
– Uh oh… Selena Gomez is the backstabbing friend in this video!
– Could Taylor’s transformation into a fighting powerhouse represent her personal transformation in the 1989 album?
– So many cameos… but we missed Meredith and Olivia!
– Why do you think the story of the video took place in London?
– “We was on D like DOC” — Diane needs a translation.
– Taylor’s favorite Kendrick Lamar song makes an appearance. I see what you did there.
We’re sure the 1989 Tour is flawless, but we don’t know yet. Don’t worry — Episode 182 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast is spoiler free! We want to hold off having a tour discussion until after we have seen the show, so in the meantime, enjoy a song analysis of “Enchanted.” Taylor writes a lot of songs about love, and in “Enchanted,” Taylor writes about having a crush on someone but not doing anything about it. I’m sure we can all relate. Enjoy the episode, enjoy the puns, and be sure to share your thoughts with us! Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 182 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Enchanted” Song Analysis
– “Enchanted” is another example of Taylor Swift as a wordsmith genius.
– Why did Taylor choose the word “wonderstruck” for her perfume?
– Adam’s so vain, he probably thinks this song is about him.
– Is “Enchanted” a realistic or fairytale take on love?
– Why didn’t Taylor tell him she was enchanted to meet him? Oh, the agony!
– Steve connects this song to “The Story of Us” and “Wildest Dreams,” but you could really connect any Taylor song.
Welcome to the 1989 World Tour… it’s been waiting for you! Well, almost! Since the 1989 World Tour is just days away, your hosts Adam, Steve, and special guest Agustin of The Swift Agency bring you their tour predictions. Remember that we have NO inside information. We’re just fans, like you, who are SUPER excited for the 1989 World Tour! What songs would you like to see on tour? How do you think Taylor will perform them? We’d love to hear your tour predictions! Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 181 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: 1989 World Tour Predictions
– Since Agustin loves Taylor’s element of surprise, he hopes he’s way off on his tour predictions!
– Which song off 1989 do you think will be cut from the setlist?
– We visualize “Welcome to New York” as the tour opener.
– How will Taylor bring her popular singles, like Blank Space, to the stage?
– “Pretty much everything from the 80’s went out of style though.” – Quotes by Steve
– Agustin has an amazing idea to get the fans involved (and onstage!) during the 1989 tour.
– What special thing do you think Taylor will do on the b-stage? (covers? old songs?)
– We hope new country artist Kelsea Ballerini will be a special guest on the 1989 tour! (check out her interview on Taylor Talk Episode 178)
God Bless Andrea Swift. This one’s for you. Episode 180 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast is dedicated to Mama Swift. Since Taylor announced this week that her mom had been diagnosed with cancer, we wanted to use this episode to honor Andrea.
We discuss “The Best Day,” the heartfelt song Taylor wrote for her mom back in 2007 as a Christmas surprise. What do you think of the song? Does it remind you of your childhood? We also want to encourage you, as the Swift family does, to have all to have your loved ones checked for cancer, just in case. For now, enjoy the episode and please keep the Swift family in your thoughts!
Highlights from Episode 180 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “The Best Day” Song Analysis
– No one has impacted Taylor’s life more than her mother, Andrea Swift.
– Fun fact: Taylor gave this song & video to her mom as a Christmas present, and it took Mama Swift a while to realize that it was Taylor singing about her!
– Do you remember that childhood feeling that your parents could fix anything?
– Adam argues that Taylor plays around with perspectives in this song.
– Does this song remind you of your relationship with your mom?
Bring on all the pretenders, we’re not afraid. In Episode 179 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we’re joined by our good friend, Agustin from theswiftagency.com, to discuss “Long Live,” one of Taylor Swift’s most powerful anthems. This song is both a celebration for her team and her fans. Our throwback to the Speak Now era comes at a perfect time too, because although Taylor is now a self-proclaimed pop artist, country music organizations, like the ACMs, keep honoring her with awards! It just goes to show that Taylor Swift left a strong legacy behind her in country music and will undoubtedly do the same for pop music. What do you think of “Long Live”? Would you put it on a greatest hits album for Taylor Swift? Feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 179 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Long Live” Song Analysis
– Who did Taylor write “Long Live” for? The fans, her team, or both?
– It’s impossible to read the lyrics to this song without singing them (have fun listening to Adam try).
– Who is the “you” in the song? Grant? Amos? Scott Borchetta?
– At Taylor’s 2009 CMA Entertainer of the Year win, a band of thieves in ripped up jeans got to rule the world.
– It’s okay if you need to excuse yourself and get a tissue while we talk about the bridge…