Welcome to New York… for real!
Listen up to Episode 157 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast as we discuss Taylor Swift’s iHeartRadio rooftop live stream in New York City. All the hosts were in attendance, so we offer a unique perspective as to what it was like to watch the performance live. We discuss why we think Taylor sang the songs she did and we also predict her first week album sales. And I know, we didn’t really talk about 1989 this episode, but don’t fret, we will talk all about it on our LIVE EPISODE this Saturday, November 1st, at 3pm PST. Let us know what you think of 1989 and we’ll share it on the live episode! Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 157 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Submit to the Show!
Main Discussion: The Ultimate Secret Session – 1989 iHeart Radio Live Stream
– How cool was it to see Taylor Swift perform “Welcome to New York” on a rooftop in New York City?
– This was the first “secret session” where Taylor performed any of her songs off 1989.
– Do you think “Style” and “Blank Space” will be Taylor’s next singles?
– By far the coolest part of the live stream: the Empire State Building lighting up to the beat of the songs!
– Let us know what you think of 1989 and we’ll share it on our live episode on Saturday! You can watch the live episode at youtube.com/taylortalk13.
TAYLOR CONNECT: TaylorTalk13
VOICEMAIL: (240) 31-SWIFT / (240) 317-9438
Welcome to Taylor Talk, we’ve been waiting for you!
In Episode 156 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Taylor Swift’s new song about freedom, new beginnings, and New York City! What did you think of the song? We imagine that it’s going to be the perfect anthem for the release week of 1989. Let us know what you think of the episode. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 156 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Welcome to New York”
– One listener describes this song as being “straight out of a John Hughes 80’s movie.”
– “I dreamt about moving to New York, I obsessed about moving to New York, and then I did it.” – Taylor Swift
– How will Taylor’s 1980s-esque songs mix with her previous catalog of songs for tour?
– Taylor describes New York as a place that can overwhelm some people, but not her.
– We tackle the gay rights line — do you think it was too subtle or did it fit perfectly?
– Steve thinks Taylor was inspired by the “Welcome to New York” sign at LaGuardia Airport, while Adam thinks the song could be about the sign itself….
– How do you imagine the music video for this song? Do you think she’ll release it as a single?
This episode is one day late from our normal schedule… are we Out of the Woods yet?
I hope y’all forgive us, because this song is AMAZING! In Episode 155 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, the hosts marvel at the masterpiece that is “Out of the Woods,” a song off Taylor’s upcoming album, 1989, co-written by Taylor Swift and Jack Antonoff. Taylor said this song is about the “fragility” of a relationship and tried to make the music match the frantic feeling of wondering if the relationship will end tomorrow or continue on. You know the hosts loved the song, but what did you think? Feel free to share your thoughts. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 155 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Out of the Woods” by Taylor Swift and Jack Antonoff
– Jack Antonoff, co-writer, calls this song “one of the most important things I’ve ever been a part of.”
– What were your initial reactions when you heard the song? Diane’s was one word: WHOA
– We predict that Taylor Swift will single handedly revive the Polaroid brand.
– Is the chorus too repetitive? No. This is repetition with a purpose.
– We admire Taylor and Jack’s mastery of the English language. “Built to fall apart” is amaaaazing.
– What’s your favorite song lyric? Can you pick just one?
– We compare “Out of the Woods” to some of Taylor’s other songs. All Too Well 2.0 anyone?
– If Jack Antonoff and Taylor Swift can create a song like this when they’re so young, imagine what else they have in store for us down the road.
In this moment now, capture it, remember it…
With the upcoming release of the 1989 album, we’ve decided to take you right back to the beginning. In Episode 154 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we reminisce on the first two Taylor Swift eras, Taylor Swift
. What were your favorite moments from these eras? We hope you enjoy this episode and grab some tissues if you’re feeling nostalgic. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 154 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: Taylor Swift Through Fearless
– It’s crazy to think how far Taylor Swift has come… now she’s on par with the country artists she opened for in 2007!
– Did you know you can enter to win some rare Taylor Swift CDs? Check out our twitter @TaylorTalk13 for more information.
– That precious, beautiful, adorable moment when Taylor met Tim McGraw by singing her song to him at the ACMs.
– Reminder: Taylor Swift is not famous because of Kanye. Kanye is only famous because of Taylor Swift
– We love to remember the Fearless era by watching “Journey to Fearless” on Netflix.
– Stay tuned for next week when we talk about the Speak Now era!
Since we heart Taylor Swift, we’re talking about iHeartRadio!
In Episode 152 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Taylor’s incredible 2014 iHeartRadio performance! She performed her top pop songs, including “Shake It Off” and a special remix of “Love Story.” What did y’all think of the show? We’d love to hear your thoughts. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 152 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: Taylor Swift’s iHeartRadio Performance
– Taylor opened the iHeartRadio weekend with a hilarious secret agent-esque video
– What did you think of Taylor incorporating horn instruments in her band?
– I’m in love love love with Taylor’s revamp version of “Love Story.”
– We wonder if her iHeartRadio performance will be representative of the 1989 tour.
Swifties, get ready for some REAL TALK.
In Episode 151 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Rolling Stone’s follow-up to Taylor’s cover story, “22 Things You Learn Hanging Out With Taylor Swift.”
Not only does this article give us some insight on Taylor’s personality and beliefs, it also gives us two (3?) new song titles! Your hosts — Adam, Diane, and Sami — note our favorite parts of the article and theorize about what Taylor’s new songs could be about. What do you think? Feel free to share your thoughts. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 151 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: Rolling Stone’s “22 Things You Learn Hanging Out With Taylor Swift”
– We’re so happy that Rolling Stone decided to release this over-flow material, because it’s so fun!
– Alert: Both Diane and Taylor Swift cry while drinking wine.
– We debate whether or not Taylor Swift will ever have an explicit album (no, no, no)
– Only Taylor Swift would have a greeting card writing room!
– The similarities between Taylor Swift and her grandmother are uncanny.
– Adam admits he’s taken a sneaky photo of a celebrity before. And he got caught. Oops.
– Taylor Swift admits that she’s never been in love. Like never ever. (it will never get old)
– You can grow up, but it’s never okay to get old.
– Taylor’s album is a “pop poetic party” — the writing is still going to be good, guys!
– What are your opinions on “Wildest Dreams”, “You are Love”, and “I Know Places (?)”