Taylor Swift and Karlie Kloss never go out of style. In Episode 174 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss the Vogue feature on one of our favorite female friendships: Taylor Swift and Karlie Kloss! The new feature from Vogue features Taylor as the true icon she’s become. In this week’s episode, the team discusses whether Taylor has hit a status that will put her down in the history books like The Beatles and other legendary artists, how she taking back her position as the author of her own narrative, and more! We also discuss the #StyleMemories and consider how the “Style” music video would be different if those clips had been included. What was your favorite news story from this week? Let us know in the comments below. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 174 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Style” Memories and Taylor Swift & Karlie Kloss in Vogue
– What’s your favorite #StyleMemories video?
– Has Taylor achieved the status of an icon? According to Jack Antonoff, “People are finally starting to discuss her artistry—how she’s on the level of some of the great all-time songwriters.”
– Fun fact: “Style” was written on February 19, 2014.
– Taylor and Karlie Kloss have graced the cover of Vogue together! Check out their Vogue feature on news stands now.
– Vogue interviews Taylor and Karlie about their friendship that started at a Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show and on a trip to Big Sur.
– Taylor Swift wants to regain control of her narrative — we think she’s owning it.
– What does the future of Big Machine look like? Billboard has some ideas.
You must have a day dream look in your eye, because the “Style” music video is out!! In Episode 173 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts discuss the “Style” music video, which is Taylor’s most abstract and artistic music video to date. What were your initial impressions of the video? Did its difference from other Taylor videos throw you off? We’d love to hear your thoughts. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 173 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Style” Music Video Analysis
– What were your initial impressions of the “Style” music video?
– The “Style” music video is less of a story and more like an artistic representation of emotion.
– The fragmented mirrors represent… memories? Or did the characters become each other?
– There’s a paper airplane necklace in this video…. Hmmm.
– Steve says Harry Styles loves Classic Mustangs. Because they’re bros, obviously. #not
– What if clips from the “Style” video were set to “Wildest Dreams?” The result is AMAZING: endinburningflamesorparadise.tumblr.com
– Do you think this “Style” music video represents the song?
I know places you can listen to Taylor Talk… Episode 172 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast is all about one of Taylor’s coolest sounding tracks on 1989, “I Know Places.” Taylor wrote this song about elements that try to ruin a love (ex. friends, media, paparazzi, etc.), but the “foxes” escape the “hunters” in the end. What do you think of the song? What would the music video for “I Know Places” look like if you could direct it? We’d love to hear your thoughts. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 172 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “I Know Places” Song Analysis
– Taylor sent co-writer Ryan Tedder a rough draft version of “I Know Places” before recording it.
– Did you know Tay can make up lyrics on the spot? That’s the mark of a great songwriter.
– It’s fascinating how this song moves from a song about running to a song about love.
– Fun Fact: Taylor says her spirit animal is a fox.
– What would you rate “I Know Places” out of 13?
There’s only mad love for Taylor Swift on this show. On Episode 171 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift, we discuss “Bad Blood.” This song is allegedly about pop star Katy Perry, Taylor’s former good friend. Rumor has it that Katy Perry tried to “sabotage an entire arena tour” (RED Tour) by hiring some dancers right from under her. The hosts agree that “Bad Blood” was Taylor’s way to confronting the situation, even though Taylor said herself that she hates confrontation. What do you all think of the song? Could it be about Katy Perry? Leave us your thoughts. Thanks for listening!
Highlights from Episode 171 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Bad Blood” Song Analysis
– Friendship heartbreak hurts worse than love heartbreak.
– Is “Bad Blood” really about Katy Perry?
– Gawker published a timeline of Taylor and Katy’s friendship based on tweets (& Mean Girls references).
– How does “Bad Blood” fit into the story of the album?
– What would “Bad Blood” look like on tour? Could it be a single?
You know what never goes out of style? Taylor Talk! In Episode 170 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Taylor Swift’s newest single, “Style”! In “Style,” Taylor relates classic clothing trends that never go out of style to relationships that always seem to keep coming back. We discuss how this metaphor functions in the song and how this song is sure to become an instant classic. What did you think of the song? How do you envision a music video for it? We’d love to hear your thoughts. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 170 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Style” Song Analysis
– Taylor said 1989 wasn’t complete until she wrote “Style.”
– “The way the song sounds and feels, that’s all I need people to know about the story.” – TS
– If Steve didn’t find polaroid references in everything, he wouldn’t be Steve.
– Why do you think Taylor chose 1950s iconic images instead of images from the 1980s?
– So what does “good girl faith” mean to you?
– How do you see this song being performed on tour?
Let me remind you, this was what you wanted… a new episode of Taylor Talk! In Episode 169 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss track five on 1989, “All You Had To Do Was Stay.” The panel is split about their opinions on the song — feel free to weigh in and let us know your thoughts. Do you think Taylor will perform this song on tour even though the high note STAY would be intense for her voice? I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 169 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “All You Had To Do Was Stay” Song Analysis
– You can’t talk about this song without belting STAY. #SwiftFact
– Steve calls this song “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” 1.0.
– Where do you see AYHTDWS fitting into the story of 1989?
– What is it about this song that makes it get stuck in your head so easily?
– How do you think Taylor will pull off singing the STAY part on tour?