The press is going crazy with this Swifty sensation… Time, Rolling Stone, Huffington Post, and more are talking about the twitter account @FeministTSwift! The account takes Taylor Swift lyrics and adds a feminist take. In this episode of Taylor Talk, we interview the account owner, Clara, and she tells us that while she is definitely a feminist, she is also most certainly a Swifty! Enjoy the show!
In Episode 68:
- Notice: This episode’s main discussion deals with mature topics (feminist issues)
- RED Tour Merch is now available for pre-order for Canadian Swifties!
- Abercrombie Fiasco: “More Boyfriend’s Than T.S.”? Oh, no they didn’t… never underestimate the power of Swifties!
- Sami from @TSwiftonTour gives us a weekly Taylor Tour update!
- Clara from the explosively popular @FeministTSwift clears things up for us: she really is a Swifty!
- Taylor said, “I don’t really think about things as guys versus girls,” and Clara explains that that’s actually a feminist notion
- Taylor’s lyrics give Clara a lot to work with for her tweets
- Clara notes Taylor’s lyrics have matured throughout her musical development
- Do Taylor’s songs empower women or disempower them according to Clara?
- Adam is aghast that Clara still watches romantic comedies!
- Clara tackles stereotypical gender roles in Taylor Swift songs
- The tweets that support Taylor from a feminist standpoint get the most retweets… big surprise
- Feminist or not, no one can deny that Taylor’s lyrics are powerful
- Taylor! Get out of the passenger seat! You have every reason to be driving the car!
- Clara’s goal is to make feminism accessible to a wider audience, all while being a Swifty
- Instead of “What Would Taylor Do?”… we have a “What Would MEREDITH Do?”