“Innocent” Is About More Than Kanye West — Episode 117 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Disclaimer: This episode contains a repeated use of the “K-Word.” In Episode 117 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts discuss “Innocent,” a song written in response to the 2009 MTV VMAs made infamous when Kanye West interrupted Taylor Swift during her acceptance speech for Female Video of the Year. However, we analyze this song in a new way to unearth themes of forgiveness, acceptance, and growing up. Listen up for lots of laughs and insight from our hosts in this SUPER episode. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 117 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast:
– “Innocent”… what is this song really about?
– “I spoke to her mother right after and she said the same thing my mother would’ve said.” -Kanye — What did Mama Swift say??
– Think this song is just a song about Kanye? Think again… It goes WAY deeper than that!
– The hosts discuss how this song portrays the shocking realizations of life not always being the way you want it to be.
– Mishell is back by popular demand!
– Check out Taylor’s fourth collection for Keds at taylorswift.com/keds
– Only one week until the Grammy Awards! Watch the show on Sun Jan 26th on CBS at 8pm.
– We debut a brand new game… “If This Was a Movie”
– We bring you the return of Adam’s Batman voice!
– Mishell wants stuffed Merediths in the Taylor Swift store! Are you listening Taylor Nation?
– A listener puts herself in the director’s chair and tells us how she’d direct a music video for “Innocent.”
– If Swifties ruled the world, the soundtrack from every movie would be written by Taylor.
– Taylor Talk Large and XL t-shirts are sold out! Only small and medium shirts are left in the store.
TAYLOR CONNECT: TaylorTalk13
VOICEMAIL: (240) 31-SWIFT / (240) 317-9438
Taylor Swift – “Innocent” – 2010 MTV VMAs
Taylor Swift and Kanye West – 2009 MTV VMAs