Katy Perry’s new song might not be about Taylor, but she sure has that “international smile.” In Episode 114 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we recap this week’s Taylor news as well as continue to discuss new marketing tactics in the music industry. We also answer some questions on ask.fm, such as whether or not Katy Perry’s “International Smile” is about Taylor. Even though online sources said who the song is about (don’t cheat!), we analyze the ways the song could be related to Taylor. Hope you enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 114 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast:
- Taylor Swift walked away from the PCA’s with an award! That’s cool considering she didn’t even attend!
- Scott Borchetta is allegedly telling Taylor that the fans want to hear “All Too Well” at the Grammys.
- We recap last week’s episode about music marketing.
- Check out the Huffington Post’s article entitled “What Beyoncé’s ‘Non-Marketing’ Illusion Says About the Current State of Music” we reference in our discussion.
- How do you think marketing affects an album’s sales? We kind of think Taylor would sell a bunch of albums anyway.
- Anyone else a fan of HAIM? Or is it just Steve? (Jk. I’m sure their music is awesome)
- Check out our interview with Taylor’s former manager, Rick Barker, in Episode 20.
- If you were not a Swifty, what artist would you be a die-hard fan of? Adam would not be a fan of Justin Bieber.
- Penny Lane is in my ears and in my heart…. da dadada daaa, da dadada daaa.
- On a scale of 1-10, how likely is “International Smile” by Katy Perry about Taylor Swift?
Katy Perry – “International Smile”