Taylor Talk gives you everything and nothing. Just kidding. We give you a new episode, of course! In Episode 185 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts delve into the narrative complexity that is “I Wish You Would.” Taylor Swift wrote this song with Jack Antonoff, and they were inspired by the John Hughes movies of the 1980s. Which movie does this song remind you of? What’s your favorite lyric in the song? We’d love to hear your thoughts. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 185 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “I Wish You Would” Song Analysis
– Fun fact: Taylor wrote this song based on a track Jack Antonoff gave her.
– Why does 2AM seem to constantly re-appear in Taylor’s songs?
– Serious question: why can’t this girl pick up the phone and tell him what she never said?
– We analyze her most creative lyric: “We’re a crooked love, in a straight line down.”
– Diane realizes something mid-episode that changes EVERYTHING!
– Check out Steve’s “I Wish You Would” Spotify Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/stevesplaylist/playlist/524ypzVyWk9fkBKdcr47Gg
1989 TOUR SPOILERS GALORE! In Episode 184 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, Adam and Diane bring you their review of Taylor Swift’s 1989 Tour. After seeing the show at Rock In Rio in Vegas and in Bossier City, Louisiana, we wanted to give you our initial impressions of Taylor’s new show. We discuss the setlist in detail, Taylor’s elaborate costumes, dancers, and more. If you haven’t seen the show yet and don’t care about being spoiled, listen up! And if you have seen the show, what did you think? Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 184 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: 1989 World Tour Initial Review
– If you want to stay 1989 Tour spoiler-free, do not listen to this episode!!
– We go song by song and describe each performance of 1989.
– Which song stole the show?
– If you’ve seen the 1989 tour, did anything disappoint you?
– Did you can pre-buy merchandise ahead of time and pick it up at your concert? Check out https://squareup.com/the-1989-world-tour for more info.
– Remember: you MUST go visit Taylor Nation Headquarters if you attend a concert!
The “Bad Blood” Music Video SIZZLES! Taylor Swift set the Swifty fandom on fire with her world premiere of the “Bad Blood” music video at the 2015 Billboard Music Awards. Full of cameos from her best friends, sexy action sequences, and a remix with Kendrick Lamar, Taylor delivers one of her best music videos to date. What are your thoughts on the music video? What do you think of Kendrick Lamar’s rap? Let us know! Hope you enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 183 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Bad Blood” Music Video
– Uh oh… Selena Gomez is the backstabbing friend in this video!
– Could Taylor’s transformation into a fighting powerhouse represent her personal transformation in the 1989 album?
– So many cameos… but we missed Meredith and Olivia!
– Why do you think the story of the video took place in London?
– “We was on D like DOC” — Diane needs a translation.
– Taylor’s favorite Kendrick Lamar song makes an appearance. I see what you did there.
We’re sure the 1989 Tour is flawless, but we don’t know yet. Don’t worry — Episode 182 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast is spoiler free! We want to hold off having a tour discussion until after we have seen the show, so in the meantime, enjoy a song analysis of “Enchanted.” Taylor writes a lot of songs about love, and in “Enchanted,” Taylor writes about having a crush on someone but not doing anything about it. I’m sure we can all relate. Enjoy the episode, enjoy the puns, and be sure to share your thoughts with us! Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 182 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Enchanted” Song Analysis
– “Enchanted” is another example of Taylor Swift as a wordsmith genius.
– Why did Taylor choose the word “wonderstruck” for her perfume?
– Adam’s so vain, he probably thinks this song is about him.
– Is “Enchanted” a realistic or fairytale take on love?
– Why didn’t Taylor tell him she was enchanted to meet him? Oh, the agony!
– Steve connects this song to “The Story of Us” and “Wildest Dreams,” but you could really connect any Taylor song.
Welcome to the 1989 World Tour… it’s been waiting for you! Well, almost! Since the 1989 World Tour is just days away, your hosts Adam, Steve, and special guest Agustin of The Swift Agency bring you their tour predictions. Remember that we have NO inside information. We’re just fans, like you, who are SUPER excited for the 1989 World Tour! What songs would you like to see on tour? How do you think Taylor will perform them? We’d love to hear your tour predictions! Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 181 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: 1989 World Tour Predictions
– Since Agustin loves Taylor’s element of surprise, he hopes he’s way off on his tour predictions!
– Which song off 1989 do you think will be cut from the setlist?
– We visualize “Welcome to New York” as the tour opener.
– How will Taylor bring her popular singles, like Blank Space, to the stage?
– “Pretty much everything from the 80’s went out of style though.” – Quotes by Steve
– Agustin has an amazing idea to get the fans involved (and onstage!) during the 1989 tour.
– What special thing do you think Taylor will do on the b-stage? (covers? old songs?)
– We hope new country artist Kelsea Ballerini will be a special guest on the 1989 tour! (check out her interview on Taylor Talk Episode 178)
God Bless Andrea Swift. This one’s for you. Episode 180 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast is dedicated to Mama Swift. Since Taylor announced this week that her mom had been diagnosed with cancer, we wanted to use this episode to honor Andrea.
We discuss “The Best Day,” the heartfelt song Taylor wrote for her mom back in 2007 as a Christmas surprise. What do you think of the song? Does it remind you of your childhood? We also want to encourage you, as the Swift family does, to have all to have your loved ones checked for cancer, just in case. For now, enjoy the episode and please keep the Swift family in your thoughts!
Highlights from Episode 180 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “The Best Day” Song Analysis
– No one has impacted Taylor’s life more than her mother, Andrea Swift.
– Fun fact: Taylor gave this song & video to her mom as a Christmas present, and it took Mama Swift a while to realize that it was Taylor singing about her!
– Do you remember that childhood feeling that your parents could fix anything?
– Adam argues that Taylor plays around with perspectives in this song.
– Does this song remind you of your relationship with your mom?