Your iPod is glowing in the dark… playing this episode of Taylor Talk! In Episode 168 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss the only song Taylor Swift wrote by herself on 1989, a song called “This Love.” Taylor said “This Love” is about a time when she had to cut someone loose when she didn’t want to, but they came back. What’s your opinion on “This Love”? Do you think Taylor will play it on tour? Let us know what you think of the episode. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 168 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “This Love” Song Analysis
– Was “This Love” the turning point in the story that makes up 1989?
– Fun fact: “This Love” is the only song Taylor wrote by herself on 1989. That makes it good by default.
– Taylor wrote this song about a love that came back. Do you think “This Love” supports a fatalistic view of love then?
– Does this song contain references to “Wildest Dreams,” “I Know Places,” and other songs on the album?
– Steve finds 80s nods everywhere!
– We know any music video for this song must include the ocean. Duh.
Haven’t you heard what becomes of curious minds? They listen to Taylor Talk! In Episode 167 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we analyze one of the most popular bonus tracks on 1989, “Wonderland”! Taylor borrowed from Lewis Carroll’s “Alice in Wonderland” to write this song about an ill-fated romance. What do you think of “Wonderland”? Why do you think Taylor included it as a bonus track instead of on the 1989 album? Let us know what you think. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 167 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Wonderland” Song Analysis
– Steve says “Wonderland” is the “Blank Space” of the 1989 bonus tracks.
– The lyrical tone definitely foreshadows a not so happy ending.
– We discuss people’s habits of sticking their noses into other people’s relationships.
– How do you think the reference to Alice in Wonderland contributed to the meaning of the song?
– Adam wants Tim Burton to direct a music video for “Wonderland.”
This just in: magazines are calling 2014 “The Year of the Swift,” but we already knew that. In Episode 166 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, our year in review episode, your hosts delve into what they believe were Taylor Swift’s top 13 moments of 2014. From finishing up the international RED Tour to selling more 1989 albums than anyone predicted, Taylor Swift has dominated the music scene in 2014. We discuss a bunch of Taylor’s biggest accomplishments this year, but let us know what your favorite was! We’d love to hear from you. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 166 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
– Searching for a sound she hadn’t heard before, Taylor said “Welcome to New York” when she changed to pop music.
– Global superstar she may be, but Taylor Swift still makes time for her fans on Instagram, Tumblr, and even by sending them Christmas presents!
– Taylor came out as a feminist! Yeaaauh!
– That awkward moment when the media still thinks Taylor Swift only writes about boys.
– Remember that time Taylor topped the Canadian iTunes charts with 8 seconds of white noise?
– What was your favorite moment of 2014?
Merry Swiftmas everyone! In Episode 165 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts give you their version of A Swiftmas Carol, the story of an evil music executive who doesn’t support Taylor Swift. Your hosts, helped by the Ghosts of Swiftmas Past, Present, and Future convince Scrooge to become a Swifty. Join us for some holiday laughs and a few surprises along the way. Here at Taylor Talk, we wish you a happy holiday season, however you choose to spend it. Enjoy the episode!
HAPPY 25TH BIRTHDAY TAYLOR SWIFT! This week has been another crazy week of Taylor Swift news, from fashion shows to jingle balls to 25th birthday extravaganza! In Episode 164 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts discuss all the Victoria’s Secret Fashion, Z100’s Jingle Ball in NYC, and Billboard’s Woman of the Year luncheon. What was your favorite event this week? Let us know, and enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 164 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: Taylor News – Victoria’s Secret & Jingle Ball
– What did you all think of Taylor Swift’s performances at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show?
– Taylor’s outfits proved that she is basically an honorary Victoria’s Secret angel.
– The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show and feminism… do they compliment each other?
– HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAYLOR! She turned 25 years old on stage at Z100 Jingle Ball.
– Taylor Swift’s birthday party looked AMAZING.
– Our friend and fellow Swifty, Gena, got to present the Billboard Woman of the Year Award to Taylor Swift herself!!
– Taylor is keen on continuing the conversation about ensuring that artists and writers get fairly compensated for their work.
Who else has won Billboard Woman of the Year TWICE? Just Taylor Swift. In Episode 163 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss all the latest goings-on in Taylor’s life, from the Jingle Ball in Los Angeles and London, the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, her Grammy nominations, and Taylor’s Woman of the Year interview with Billboard. What do you think of Taylor’s recent accomplishments? They keep racking up! Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 163 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: Taylor News – Billboard to Jingle Ball
– Scott Borchetta, the President of Big Machine Records, will be a mentor on the next season of American Idol.
– Taylor Swift performs at three Jingle Ball events around the world. Is her setlist a hint at what she’ll perform on the 1989 tour? Taylor gave KIIS FM the details on her 1989 tour.
– Look out, Tay, three Grammy nominations coming your way!
– Taylor Swift becomes the two-time winner of Billboard’s Woman of the Year. Read her cover story on Writing Her Own Rules, Not Becoming a Cliche and the Hurdle of Going Pop.
– “I wouldn’t be a singer if I weren’t a songwriter. I have no interest in singing someone else’s words.” – TS
– Get ready Aussies, Taylor Swift is bringing the 1989 tour to Australia!
– Taylor filmed the Victoria’s Secret Fashion show this week. Be sure to tune in on Dec. 9th on CBS!
– I don’t know about you, but Taylor Swift will be feeling TWENTY FIVE on Saturday!
– You know you’re a Taylor Swift when…
– What would Taylor do if she showed up to a concert and there were only guys in the audience?
– Swifties are listening to “The Hanging Tree” from the Hunger Games soundtrack.