Shake It Off & Party Like It’s 1989 – Episode 147 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Taylor’s using album five to take us back to 1989! On August 18th, Taylor held a Yahoo LiveStream event to announce a new single, “Shake It Off,” her new album “1989” (available 10/27!), and a new music video!! Taylor’s live stream was a massive unload of a bunch of new, exciting information, and your hosts are SO excited to unpack it all! We give our initial thoughts about the theme of 1989, how we love that “Shake It Off” is a complete dance party, and we marvel at the music video. Feel free to share your thoughts about the direction Taylor’s taking her new music. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 147 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – New Single “Shake It Off” And New Album 1989
– We should have know the polaroid pictures were a clue!
– Taylor was inspired by the late 1980s for her new album, a time period only Steve remembers.
– Want to meet Taylor Swift? Enter Swiftstakes (like sweepstakes, only “annoying”) for a chance to win concert tickets and meet and greets! Details to follow on taylorswift.com.
– Debate: “fake” vs. “bake.” What’s the verdict?
– The hosts conclude that “Shake It Off” is hella good.
– Swift fact: Taylor believes you can tell a lot about a person by how willing they are to dance. She even asked fans to dance with her in the “Shake It Off” music video!
– I don’t know about you, but the “Shake It Off” music video gave us SO many costume ideas for the 1989 Tour!!
TAYLOR CONNECT: TaylorTalk13
VOICEMAIL: (240) 31-SWIFT / (240) 317-9438