Hey, hey, hey, we just can’t shake off “Shake It Off”! In Episode 148 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, special guest, Ashley, takes us all behind the scenes of the “Shake It Off” music video — A place where no Swifty has gone before!! The team also takes a look at Taylor’s first ever LIVE PERFORMANCE of “Shake It Off” from the MTV Video Music Awards!! We had a blast recording this, so we hope you enjoy it. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 148 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: Taylor Swift’s VMA Performance of “Shake It Off”
– We interview Ashley, a fan, who got to be an extra in the “Shake It Off” music video! (Read her blog about it)
– How did Ashley get chosen? What was the audition process? How did Taylor do as a director??
– Enter now, Taylor Swift, the sensational pop superstar!!
– What did you think of Taylor Swift’s modern flapper costume? What about her rompin’ around in a romper on the Red Carpet?
– Sami thinks Taylor’s “almost” jump off the 1989 sign was to remind people she’s still awkward; She’s still our Tay.
– Do you think this performance will inspire Taylor’s tour performance of “Shake It Off”?
– Who watched Taylor’s ALS Ice Bucket Challenge?!
– Taylor told Good Morning America that in order to beat the haters, “you have to have more fun than them.”
– You know you’re a Swifty when it saddens you to hear the end of a Taylor Talk Episode because you need to wait another week for the next one… exceptnowtheepisodeissoversorry…
Taylor Swift’s ALS Ice Bucket Challenge