The “Bad Blood” Music Video SIZZLES! Taylor Swift set the Swifty fandom on fire with her world premiere of the “Bad Blood” music video at the 2015 Billboard Music Awards. Full of cameos from her best friends, sexy action sequences, and a remix with Kendrick Lamar, Taylor delivers one of her best music videos to date. What are your thoughts on the music video? What do you think of Kendrick Lamar’s rap? Let us know! Hope you enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 183 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Bad Blood” Music Video
– Uh oh… Selena Gomez is the backstabbing friend in this video!
– Could Taylor’s transformation into a fighting powerhouse represent her personal transformation in the 1989 album?
– So many cameos… but we missed Meredith and Olivia!
– Why do you think the story of the video took place in London?
– “We was on D like DOC” — Diane needs a translation.
– Taylor’s favorite Kendrick Lamar song makes an appearance. I see what you did there.
One night, he wakes. Strange look on his face. Pauses. Then says, “Have you listened to Taylor Talk? In Episode 176 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss the song that every Swifty wants played at their wedding, “You Are In Love.” Taylor Swift channeled her friends, Jack Antonoff and Lena Dunham’s relationship to describe what real, true love looks like. Taylor says that this song “sounds like love to her.” What do you think? When you think of the concept of love, does this song match up? Let us know your thoughts. Enjoy!
Also: We were nominated for BEST ENTERTAINMENT PODCAST at the 2015 Podcast Awards!! VOTE AT PODCASTAWARDS.COM DAILY.
Highlights from Episode 176 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “You Are In Love” Song Analysis
– Does “You Are In Love” sound like love to you?
– Taylor, the ultimate wordsmith, captures the ‘little things’ in this song.
– Only on Taylor Talk would we have a discussion about the meaning of the word “and.” #LyricNerds
– Adam HATES one of the lyrics in this song with a fiery passion!
– … but one part of “You Are In Love” always makes at least two of the hosts cry.
– First dance song vs. walking down the aisle song… where does this song fit in as a wedding song?
– Steve made a love song Spotify playlist based on “You Are In Love.” Enjoy!
You must have a day dream look in your eye, because the “Style” music video is out!! In Episode 173 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts discuss the “Style” music video, which is Taylor’s most abstract and artistic music video to date. What were your initial impressions of the video? Did its difference from other Taylor videos throw you off? We’d love to hear your thoughts. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 173 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Style” Music Video Analysis
– What were your initial impressions of the “Style” music video?
– The “Style” music video is less of a story and more like an artistic representation of emotion.
– The fragmented mirrors represent… memories? Or did the characters become each other?
– There’s a paper airplane necklace in this video…. Hmmm.
– Steve says Harry Styles loves Classic Mustangs. Because they’re bros, obviously. #not
– What if clips from the “Style” video were set to “Wildest Dreams?” The result is AMAZING: endinburningflamesorparadise.tumblr.com
– Do you think this “Style” music video represents the song?
There’s only mad love for Taylor Swift on this show. On Episode 171 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift, we discuss “Bad Blood.” This song is allegedly about pop star Katy Perry, Taylor’s former good friend. Rumor has it that Katy Perry tried to “sabotage an entire arena tour” (RED Tour) by hiring some dancers right from under her. The hosts agree that “Bad Blood” was Taylor’s way to confronting the situation, even though Taylor said herself that she hates confrontation. What do you all think of the song? Could it be about Katy Perry? Leave us your thoughts. Thanks for listening!
Highlights from Episode 171 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Bad Blood” Song Analysis
– Friendship heartbreak hurts worse than love heartbreak.
– Is “Bad Blood” really about Katy Perry?
– Gawker published a timeline of Taylor and Katy’s friendship based on tweets (& Mean Girls references).
– How does “Bad Blood” fit into the story of the album?
– What would “Bad Blood” look like on tour? Could it be a single?
You know what never goes out of style? Taylor Talk! In Episode 170 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Taylor Swift’s newest single, “Style”! In “Style,” Taylor relates classic clothing trends that never go out of style to relationships that always seem to keep coming back. We discuss how this metaphor functions in the song and how this song is sure to become an instant classic. What did you think of the song? How do you envision a music video for it? We’d love to hear your thoughts. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 170 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Style” Song Analysis
– Taylor said 1989 wasn’t complete until she wrote “Style.”
– “The way the song sounds and feels, that’s all I need people to know about the story.” – TS
– If Steve didn’t find polaroid references in everything, he wouldn’t be Steve.
– Why do you think Taylor chose 1950s iconic images instead of images from the 1980s?
– So what does “good girl faith” mean to you?
– How do you see this song being performed on tour?
Let me remind you, this was what you wanted… a new episode of Taylor Talk! In Episode 169 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss track five on 1989, “All You Had To Do Was Stay.” The panel is split about their opinions on the song — feel free to weigh in and let us know your thoughts. Do you think Taylor will perform this song on tour even though the high note STAY would be intense for her voice? I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 169 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “All You Had To Do Was Stay” Song Analysis
– You can’t talk about this song without belting STAY. #SwiftFact
– Steve calls this song “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” 1.0.
– Where do you see AYHTDWS fitting into the story of 1989?
– What is it about this song that makes it get stuck in your head so easily?
– How do you think Taylor will pull off singing the STAY part on tour?