We’d be lying if we said we didn’t wish Taylor had put “I’d Lie” on an album!
In Episode 153 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss a song from Taylor’s early days, “I’d Lie.” Taylor wrote this song of unrequited love for a high school talent show and never included it on an album. Although it’s technically unreleased, Taylor did perform it at a Billboard event, so it’s fair game for discussion! Please let us know what you think of “I’d Lie.” Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 153 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “I’d Lie” Song Analysis
– “I’d Lie” was never on any of Taylor’s albums, but she did perform it at Billboard, so we can talk about it! 😉
– Fun fact: Just like “Our Song,” Taylor Swift performed “I’d Lie” at her high school talent show
– Why do you think Taylor didn’t include “I’d Lie” on any of her albums?
– Raise your hand if this song was you at sixteen years old.
– How do you envision a music video for “I’d Lie”? Steve has a great idea.
Taylor Swift reveals new song titles from 1989 in Rolling Stone, so we do a special edition episode of Taylor Talk!
Listen as Adam, Diane, Sami, and guest host Eric (@spielerman
) delve into Rolling Stone’s interview with Taylor Swift, “The Reinvention of Taylor Swift.”
This article contains a wealth of information, so it was difficult to talk about everything, but we did touch on Taylor’s dating life (or lack thereof), her tight security, her decision to go pop, and most importantly… THE NEW SONG TITLES FROM 1989!! As we theorize about what each song could be about, feel free to share your opinions with us. We’ll find out on October 27th who was right 😉 Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode Scones of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: Taylor Swift’s in Rolling Stone
– Although this article mentions how tight Taylor Swift’s security team needs to be to keep her safe, the article is about how much Taylor Swift is loving life.
– Eric wonders if Taylor got her country pop/metaphor from a… fortune cookie?
– Taylor claims that her 1989 album is not “boy-centric,” and yet nearly all of the track titles she released are about boys!
– Finish the sentence: “I Wish You Would”… what?
– It seems like at least three songs on the album could be about Harry Styles (*braces self from angry Directioners)
– Who needs an NDA when you have Taylor Swift hypnotizing you not to talk?
– Which pop super star does Taylor Swift have “Bad Blood” with? We address the likelihood of each option suggested by Billboar.
– Fun Fact: Taylor Swift listens to Kendrick Lamar’s “Backseat Freestyle” when she’s being swarmed by paparazzi.
Taylor’s using album five to take us back to 1989! On August 18th, Taylor held a Yahoo LiveStream event to announce a new single, “Shake It Off,” her new album “1989” (available 10/27!), and a new music video!! Taylor’s live stream was a massive unload of a bunch of new, exciting information, and your hosts are SO excited to unpack it all! We give our initial thoughts about the theme of 1989, how we love that “Shake It Off” is a complete dance party, and we marvel at the music video. Feel free to share your thoughts about the direction Taylor’s taking her new music. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 147 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion – New Single “Shake It Off” And New Album 1989
– We should have know the polaroid pictures were a clue!
– Taylor was inspired by the late 1980s for her new album, a time period only Steve remembers.
– Want to meet Taylor Swift? Enter Swiftstakes (like sweepstakes, only “annoying”) for a chance to win concert tickets and meet and greets! Details to follow on taylorswift.com.
– Debate: “fake” vs. “bake.” What’s the verdict?
– The hosts conclude that “Shake It Off” is hella good.
– Swift fact: Taylor believes you can tell a lot about a person by how willing they are to dance. She even asked fans to dance with her in the “Shake It Off” music video!
– I don’t know about you, but the “Shake It Off” music video gave us SO many costume ideas for the 1989 Tour!!
Submit to the Show!
TAYLOR CONNECT: TaylorTalk13
VOICEMAIL: (240) 31-SWIFT / (240) 317-9438
ASK.FM: Ask.Fm/TaylorTalk13Videos Referenced in Episode 147 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift PodcastTaylor Swift – Shake It Off