Dear Swifties, Taylor Swift reminds you to please try to never grow up. This past week, Taylor met her godson, Leo Thames, the son of Jaime King and Kyle Newman, and posted some adorable photos with him on Instagram. In honor of his birth, we discuss “Never Grow Up.” Although the song was never heavily promoted, “Never Grow Up” still continues to be a fan favorite for its poignant and nostalgic lyrics. (I’m not crying. You are.)
What do you think of “Never Grow Up”? Is Taylor mourning the loss of her childhood? How does she think we should try to never grow up? Can we? Leave your response in the comments. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 189 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Never Grow Up” Song Analysis
– Thanks to listener Rachel for suggesting that we discuss “Never Grow Up” in honor of Taylor’s newborn godson.
– Raise your hand if this song makes you miss your childhood…
– Taylor moved out in July… Leo Thames was born in July… Coincidence? I THINK NOT!
– Why does Taylor change from saying “you” to saying “I”? What’s the emotional impact of the pronoun shift?
– Want more “Never Grow Up”? Steve reminded us that we discussed it previously on Episode 107 for Taylor’s 24th birthday.
The “Bad Blood” Music Video SIZZLES! Taylor Swift set the Swifty fandom on fire with her world premiere of the “Bad Blood” music video at the 2015 Billboard Music Awards. Full of cameos from her best friends, sexy action sequences, and a remix with Kendrick Lamar, Taylor delivers one of her best music videos to date. What are your thoughts on the music video? What do you think of Kendrick Lamar’s rap? Let us know! Hope you enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 183 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Bad Blood” Music Video
– Uh oh… Selena Gomez is the backstabbing friend in this video!
– Could Taylor’s transformation into a fighting powerhouse represent her personal transformation in the 1989 album?
– So many cameos… but we missed Meredith and Olivia!
– Why do you think the story of the video took place in London?
– “We was on D like DOC” — Diane needs a translation.
– Taylor’s favorite Kendrick Lamar song makes an appearance. I see what you did there.
We’re sure the 1989 Tour is flawless, but we don’t know yet. Don’t worry — Episode 182 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast is spoiler free! We want to hold off having a tour discussion until after we have seen the show, so in the meantime, enjoy a song analysis of “Enchanted.” Taylor writes a lot of songs about love, and in “Enchanted,” Taylor writes about having a crush on someone but not doing anything about it. I’m sure we can all relate. Enjoy the episode, enjoy the puns, and be sure to share your thoughts with us! Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 182 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Enchanted” Song Analysis
– “Enchanted” is another example of Taylor Swift as a wordsmith genius.
– Why did Taylor choose the word “wonderstruck” for her perfume?
– Adam’s so vain, he probably thinks this song is about him.
– Is “Enchanted” a realistic or fairytale take on love?
– Why didn’t Taylor tell him she was enchanted to meet him? Oh, the agony!
– Steve connects this song to “The Story of Us” and “Wildest Dreams,” but you could really connect any Taylor song.
There’s only mad love for Taylor Swift on this show. On Episode 171 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift, we discuss “Bad Blood.” This song is allegedly about pop star Katy Perry, Taylor’s former good friend. Rumor has it that Katy Perry tried to “sabotage an entire arena tour” (RED Tour) by hiring some dancers right from under her. The hosts agree that “Bad Blood” was Taylor’s way to confronting the situation, even though Taylor said herself that she hates confrontation. What do you all think of the song? Could it be about Katy Perry? Leave us your thoughts. Thanks for listening!
Highlights from Episode 171 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Bad Blood” Song Analysis
– Friendship heartbreak hurts worse than love heartbreak.
– Is “Bad Blood” really about Katy Perry?
– Gawker published a timeline of Taylor and Katy’s friendship based on tweets (& Mean Girls references).
– How does “Bad Blood” fit into the story of the album?
– What would “Bad Blood” look like on tour? Could it be a single?
Happy third anniversary Taylor Talk! In Episode 158 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we celebrated by hosting a LIVE episode on Google Hangout to discuss our first impressions of 1989 (how nice of Taylor to give us a new album for our anniversary! lol). You can listen to the audio or watch the recorded video of our live episode below. We hope you enjoy the episode, and we hope you enjoy 1989! Please keep sharing your thoughts on the album as well as your thoughts on “Blank Space,” Taylor’s newest single off 1989. We’ll discuss “Blank Space” in depth next week, so stay tuned for that! Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 157 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: 1989 First Impressions
– 1989 is FINALLY out!! What do y’all think of the new album?
– Fun fact: the secret messages in the lyrics tell a story. Sounds like a concept album to us!
– We try to stump you with 1989 trivia. The prize? A Taylor Talk t-shirt!
– I said remember this moment… when #TaylorTalkLIVE was trending in India and the United States!!!!
– What were your initial thoughts on each song off 1989? Which one is your favorite?
– We theorize as to why some songs were included as bonus tracks instead of on the main album.
– Next week we’re discussing “Blank Space.” Send us your thoughts and we’ll share em on the show!
Submit to the Show!
TAYLOR CONNECT: TaylorTalk13
VOICEMAIL: (240) 31-SWIFT / (240) 317-9438
1989 – Taylor Talk’s 3rd Anniversary – LIVE EPISODE
Taylor Swift reveals new song titles from 1989 in Rolling Stone, so we do a special edition episode of Taylor Talk!
Listen as Adam, Diane, Sami, and guest host Eric (@spielerman
) delve into Rolling Stone’s interview with Taylor Swift, “The Reinvention of Taylor Swift.”
This article contains a wealth of information, so it was difficult to talk about everything, but we did touch on Taylor’s dating life (or lack thereof), her tight security, her decision to go pop, and most importantly… THE NEW SONG TITLES FROM 1989!! As we theorize about what each song could be about, feel free to share your opinions with us. We’ll find out on October 27th who was right 😉 Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode Scones of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: Taylor Swift’s in Rolling Stone
– Although this article mentions how tight Taylor Swift’s security team needs to be to keep her safe, the article is about how much Taylor Swift is loving life.
– Eric wonders if Taylor got her country pop/metaphor from a… fortune cookie?
– Taylor claims that her 1989 album is not “boy-centric,” and yet nearly all of the track titles she released are about boys!
– Finish the sentence: “I Wish You Would”… what?
– It seems like at least three songs on the album could be about Harry Styles (*braces self from angry Directioners)
– Who needs an NDA when you have Taylor Swift hypnotizing you not to talk?
– Which pop super star does Taylor Swift have “Bad Blood” with? We address the likelihood of each option suggested by Billboar.
– Fun Fact: Taylor Swift listens to Kendrick Lamar’s “Backseat Freestyle” when she’s being swarmed by paparazzi.