Taylor Talk gives you everything and nothing. Just kidding. We give you a new episode, of course! In Episode 185 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts delve into the narrative complexity that is “I Wish You Would.” Taylor Swift wrote this song with Jack Antonoff, and they were inspired by the John Hughes movies of the 1980s. Which movie does this song remind you of? What’s your favorite lyric in the song? We’d love to hear your thoughts. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 185 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “I Wish You Would” Song Analysis
– Fun fact: Taylor wrote this song based on a track Jack Antonoff gave her.
– Why does 2AM seem to constantly re-appear in Taylor’s songs?
– Serious question: why can’t this girl pick up the phone and tell him what she never said?
– We analyze her most creative lyric: “We’re a crooked love, in a straight line down.”
– Diane realizes something mid-episode that changes EVERYTHING!
– Check out Steve’s “I Wish You Would” Spotify Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/stevesplaylist/playlist/524ypzVyWk9fkBKdcr47Gg
Happy third anniversary Taylor Talk! In Episode 158 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we celebrated by hosting a LIVE episode on Google Hangout to discuss our first impressions of 1989 (how nice of Taylor to give us a new album for our anniversary! lol). You can listen to the audio or watch the recorded video of our live episode below. We hope you enjoy the episode, and we hope you enjoy 1989! Please keep sharing your thoughts on the album as well as your thoughts on “Blank Space,” Taylor’s newest single off 1989. We’ll discuss “Blank Space” in depth next week, so stay tuned for that! Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 157 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: 1989 First Impressions
– 1989 is FINALLY out!! What do y’all think of the new album?
– Fun fact: the secret messages in the lyrics tell a story. Sounds like a concept album to us!
– We try to stump you with 1989 trivia. The prize? A Taylor Talk t-shirt!
– I said remember this moment… when #TaylorTalkLIVE was trending in India and the United States!!!!
– What were your initial thoughts on each song off 1989? Which one is your favorite?
– We theorize as to why some songs were included as bonus tracks instead of on the main album.
– Next week we’re discussing “Blank Space.” Send us your thoughts and we’ll share em on the show!
Submit to the Show!
TAYLOR CONNECT: TaylorTalk13
VOICEMAIL: (240) 31-SWIFT / (240) 317-9438
1989 – Taylor Talk’s 3rd Anniversary – LIVE EPISODE
Taylor Swift reveals new song titles from 1989 in Rolling Stone, so we do a special edition episode of Taylor Talk!
Listen as Adam, Diane, Sami, and guest host Eric (@spielerman
) delve into Rolling Stone’s interview with Taylor Swift, “The Reinvention of Taylor Swift.”
This article contains a wealth of information, so it was difficult to talk about everything, but we did touch on Taylor’s dating life (or lack thereof), her tight security, her decision to go pop, and most importantly… THE NEW SONG TITLES FROM 1989!! As we theorize about what each song could be about, feel free to share your opinions with us. We’ll find out on October 27th who was right 😉 Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode Scones of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: Taylor Swift’s in Rolling Stone
– Although this article mentions how tight Taylor Swift’s security team needs to be to keep her safe, the article is about how much Taylor Swift is loving life.
– Eric wonders if Taylor got her country pop/metaphor from a… fortune cookie?
– Taylor claims that her 1989 album is not “boy-centric,” and yet nearly all of the track titles she released are about boys!
– Finish the sentence: “I Wish You Would”… what?
– It seems like at least three songs on the album could be about Harry Styles (*braces self from angry Directioners)
– Who needs an NDA when you have Taylor Swift hypnotizing you not to talk?
– Which pop super star does Taylor Swift have “Bad Blood” with? We address the likelihood of each option suggested by Billboar.
– Fun Fact: Taylor Swift listens to Kendrick Lamar’s “Backseat Freestyle” when she’s being swarmed by paparazzi.