Taylor Talk gives you everything and nothing. Just kidding. We give you a new episode, of course! In Episode 185 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts delve into the narrative complexity that is “I Wish You Would.” Taylor Swift wrote this song with Jack Antonoff, and they were inspired by the John Hughes movies of the 1980s. Which movie does this song remind you of? What’s your favorite lyric in the song? We’d love to hear your thoughts. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 185 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “I Wish You Would” Song Analysis
– Fun fact: Taylor wrote this song based on a track Jack Antonoff gave her.
– Why does 2AM seem to constantly re-appear in Taylor’s songs?
– Serious question: why can’t this girl pick up the phone and tell him what she never said?
– We analyze her most creative lyric: “We’re a crooked love, in a straight line down.”
– Diane realizes something mid-episode that changes EVERYTHING!
– Check out Steve’s “I Wish You Would” Spotify Playlist: https://open.spotify.com/user/stevesplaylist/playlist/524ypzVyWk9fkBKdcr47Gg
One night, he wakes. Strange look on his face. Pauses. Then says, “Have you listened to Taylor Talk? In Episode 176 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss the song that every Swifty wants played at their wedding, “You Are In Love.” Taylor Swift channeled her friends, Jack Antonoff and Lena Dunham’s relationship to describe what real, true love looks like. Taylor says that this song “sounds like love to her.” What do you think? When you think of the concept of love, does this song match up? Let us know your thoughts. Enjoy!
Also: We were nominated for BEST ENTERTAINMENT PODCAST at the 2015 Podcast Awards!! VOTE AT PODCASTAWARDS.COM DAILY.
Highlights from Episode 176 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “You Are In Love” Song Analysis
– Does “You Are In Love” sound like love to you?
– Taylor, the ultimate wordsmith, captures the ‘little things’ in this song.
– Only on Taylor Talk would we have a discussion about the meaning of the word “and.” #LyricNerds
– Adam HATES one of the lyrics in this song with a fiery passion!
– … but one part of “You Are In Love” always makes at least two of the hosts cry.
– First dance song vs. walking down the aisle song… where does this song fit in as a wedding song?
– Steve made a love song Spotify playlist based on “You Are In Love.” Enjoy!
This episode is one day late from our normal schedule… are we Out of the Woods yet?
I hope y’all forgive us, because this song is AMAZING! In Episode 155 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, the hosts marvel at the masterpiece that is “Out of the Woods,” a song off Taylor’s upcoming album, 1989, co-written by Taylor Swift and Jack Antonoff. Taylor said this song is about the “fragility” of a relationship and tried to make the music match the frantic feeling of wondering if the relationship will end tomorrow or continue on. You know the hosts loved the song, but what did you think? Feel free to share your thoughts. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 155 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Out of the Woods” by Taylor Swift and Jack Antonoff
– Jack Antonoff, co-writer, calls this song “one of the most important things I’ve ever been a part of.”
– What were your initial reactions when you heard the song? Diane’s was one word: WHOA
– We predict that Taylor Swift will single handedly revive the Polaroid brand.
– Is the chorus too repetitive? No. This is repetition with a purpose.
– We admire Taylor and Jack’s mastery of the English language. “Built to fall apart” is amaaaazing.
– What’s your favorite song lyric? Can you pick just one?
– We compare “Out of the Woods” to some of Taylor’s other songs. All Too Well 2.0 anyone?
– If Jack Antonoff and Taylor Swift can create a song like this when they’re so young, imagine what else they have in store for us down the road.
Since we heart Taylor Swift, we’re talking about iHeartRadio!
In Episode 152 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss Taylor’s incredible 2014 iHeartRadio performance! She performed her top pop songs, including “Shake It Off” and a special remix of “Love Story.” What did y’all think of the show? We’d love to hear your thoughts. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 152 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: Taylor Swift’s iHeartRadio Performance
– Taylor opened the iHeartRadio weekend with a hilarious secret agent-esque video
– What did you think of Taylor incorporating horn instruments in her band?
– I’m in love love love with Taylor’s revamp version of “Love Story.”
– We wonder if her iHeartRadio performance will be representative of the 1989 tour.
Here at Taylor Talk, we think this podcast is Sweeter Than Fiction. In episode 91 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we bring you an analysis of Taylor Swift’s newest song “Sweeter Than Fiction!” Taylor penned this song with Jack Antonoff, the guitarist from Fun, for the film entitled “One Chance,” which is based on Britain’s Got Talent winner, the opera singer Paul Potts. Taylor took a different approach to writing this song; as opposed to writing it from Paul Potts perspective or even her own, she wrote it from the point of view of his wife, the woman who knew Paul Potts could do incredible things from the very beginning. We hope you enjoy Taylor Swift’s newest song “Sweeter Than Fiction” and you enjoy episode 91 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Talk Podcast. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 91 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Download Sweeter Than Fiction in iTunes
Submit to the Show!
– Taylor says her fifth studio album is “taking a different turn than anything I’ve done before.”
– The words “Taylor Swift” & “award nominations” always go hand in hand as she’s racked up another nomination…. Best International Artist for the 2013 ARIA Awards.
– We jump right into the main discussion: a song analysis of “Sweeter Than Fiction”
– You know you’re a Swifty when you bleed red.
– Be sure to vote for Taylor for the AMAs at ama.votenow.tv! You can vote until November 15th.
– Reminder: Our first LIVE show to celebrate our two year anniversary will be on Saturday, November 2nd at 3PM PST/6 PM EST/ 11 PM London / Sunday November 3rd at 9AM in Australia
– Don’t forget to enter our super valuable, super awesome “Taylor Through The Years” Contest! Enter at TaylorTalk.org/Contest.
TAYLOR CONNECT: TaylorTalk13
VOICEMAIL: (240) 31-SWIFT / (240) 317-9438
Listen To Episode 91 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast