Disclaimer: This episode contains a repeated use of the “K-Word.” In Episode 117 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, your hosts discuss “Innocent,” a song written in response to the 2009 MTV VMAs made infamous when Kanye West interrupted Taylor Swift during her acceptance speech for Female Video of the Year. However, we analyze this song in a new way to unearth themes of forgiveness, acceptance, and growing up. Listen up for lots of laughs and insight from our hosts in this SUPER episode. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 117 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast:
– “Innocent”… what is this song really about?
– “I spoke to her mother right after and she said the same thing my mother would’ve said.” -Kanye — What did Mama Swift say??
– Think this song is just a song about Kanye? Think again… It goes WAY deeper than that!
– The hosts discuss how this song portrays the shocking realizations of life not always being the way you want it to be.
– Mishell is back by popular demand!
– Check out Taylor’s fourth collection for Keds at taylorswift.com/keds
– Only one week until the Grammy Awards! Watch the show on Sun Jan 26th on CBS at 8pm.
– We debut a brand new game… “If This Was a Movie”
– We bring you the return of Adam’s Batman voice!
– Mishell wants stuffed Merediths in the Taylor Swift store! Are you listening Taylor Nation?
– A listener puts herself in the director’s chair and tells us how she’d direct a music video for “Innocent.”
– If Swifties ruled the world, the soundtrack from every movie would be written by Taylor.
– Taylor Talk Large and XL t-shirts are sold out! Only small and medium shirts are left in the store.
Taylor Swift just turned 24, but we hope she tries to never grow up. To celebrate Taylor’s birthday, the hosts of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast — Adam, Diane, and Steve — discuss the song “Never Grow Up.” The song was released on the Speak Now album in 2010 and was written when Taylor moved into her own apartment. Listen up to our opinions on the song, and feel free to leave us a comment on the episode guide or tweet us at @taylortalk13 to let us know what you think of the song. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 107 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
– Taylor got a Golden Globe nomination for her birthday! She is nominated along with Jack Antonoff for “Sweeter than Fiction” from the soundtrack of the movie One Chance.
– Taylor gave the biggest gift on her birthday… $100,000 to the Nashville Symphony!
– Check out Taylor Swift’s instagram for photos from her garden birthday party.
– Be sure to watch the 40th Annual People’s Choice Awards on Wednesday, Jan. 8, 2014 at 9PM on CBS. Taylor is nominated for Favorite Country Artist.
– Last weekly RED Tour Wrap up for 2013 from @TSwiftOnTour.
– Main Discussion: To celebrate Taylor’s birthday, we discuss “Never Grow Up”
– Adam and Diane met because of the song “Never Grow Up” #TaylorTalkFact
– We put ourselves in the director’s chair… how would you film this music video?
– “I just realized everything I have is someday gonna be gone.”
– You know you’re a Swifty when you can get a Taylor song stuck in your head just by listening to the song analysis on Taylor Talk!!
– What are Swifties listening to? “On Top of the World” by Imagine Dragons
Taylor Swift always seems to have surprises in store for her fans, and tonight was no different than any other. She decided to play the song “Never Grow Up” off her Speak Now album live for the first time at one her Speak Now World Tour concerts. Watch the video below.
I found this video thanks to a tweet by @_Jencita_