I was reminiscing just the other day… about doing a throwback song analysis that took me away! On Episode 188 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss “Holy Ground,” a song from the RED album that we believe completes the growth/story arc from “Forever & Always,” to “Last Kiss,” and ending with “Holy Ground” (which are all songs rumored to be about the same person). “Holy Ground” is such a mature way to look at a past relationship. We can learn a lot from Taylor Swift.
What’s your take on the song? Particularly, what do you make of the lyric, “and I see your face in every crowd”? Post your thoughts in the comments below. Enjoy!
Highlights from Episode 188 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast Main Discussion: “Holy Ground” Song Analysis
– Adam fanboys over Taylor’s use of the word “reminisce” in true English teacher fashion.
– What’s your interpretation of “New York Time”?
– Is the phrase “holy ground” a religious reference?
– Check out what Diane predicted about “Holy Ground” before the song was released: taylortalk.org/what-could-the-seven-known-red-songs-be-about-editorial (Do we like the blogs? Do we read the blogs?)
– Diane has a light bulb moment years in the making about the end of the song!
– No one can agree on what “And I see your face in every crowd” means. Thoughts?
Back by popular demand, our RED song title discussion (and Adam’s pirate voice) have returned! In Episode 141 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss what we thought the rest of the songs on RED were about before we heard them. Let us know what your theories are. Enjoy the show!
Highlights from Episode 141 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast Main Discussion – What did you imagine the songs on RED would be about before you heard them?
– Get ready for our part II discussion on RED songs before you heard them!
– The title “Sad Beautiful Tragic” threw the entire panel off.
– Some of the listeners give an interesting twist to the title “Everything Has Changed.”
– Diane and Adam wrote editorials theorizing about the RED album before it came out. Adam even predicted a song about the Kennedys!
– We wonder if Taylor will tackle the theme of death on album five.
– Adam thought “Come Back, Be Here” was about a clingy boyfriend! LOL
– We hope you had a great 4th of July! See what Taylor Swift did to celebrate on her instagram.
– Here’s your daily reminder to vote for Tay in the Teen Choice Awards!
– You know you’re a Swifty when you get engaged in the very same Parisian cafe where “Begin Again” was shot!
– What would Taylor do if Meredith and/or Olivia ran onstage during a concert?
– Swifties are listening to “Shotgun Wedding” by Jamie Lynn Spears.
Everyone has that one Taylor Swift song that grabbed them and made them a Swifty. In Episode 116 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss which songs on each album made Taylor Swift the superstar she is today. And since Taylor’s a superstar, it’s surprising that she does not yet have a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. But did you know that fans can nominate celebrities to receive a star? Swifties should nominated Taylor! Let us know if you’d be willing to help nominate Taylor Swift to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Happy listening!
Highlights from Episode 116 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast:
– We are combining our mid-week episode and our Monday shows into one awesome show per week!
– Which song off RED helped Taylor acquire more Swifties? Let us know your thoughts!
– We discuss whether or not moving into the pop genre helped Taylor grow in popularity.
– Fun Fact: “The Story of Us” was the song that made Adam a Swifty.
– “Love Story” and “You Belong With Me” may be the all-time Swift classics.
– A listener listens while she’s working out! We’re so happy Taylor Talk can help keep you healthy.
– Do you think Taylor will receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame?
– Fun Fact: Only 20 people are chosen per year to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
– So… who wants to get Taylor Swift a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame? It would be the coolest gift ever!
What would Taylor Swift do if she wasn’t a musician? In episode 108 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we conduct an open discussion answering your ask.fm questions. We tackle questions such as whether or not Taylor Swift would make a good detective, if she’d write a song about Cory Monteith, and the possibility of “All Too Well” becoming a single. Questions from listeners are some of our favorite things, so please make sure to leave us questions for next week’s unedited mid-week episode via ask.fm, email, or twitter.
Highlights from Episode 108 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
– The hosts rate their favorite Taylor Swift albums: How would you rank RED, Speak Now, Fearless, and Taylor Swift?
– Based on Taylor’s personality, what occupation do you imagine her having, had she not been a singer/songwriter?
– Taylor Swift admits she’d love to be a detective in Entertainment Wise.
– Adam choses a hilarious and fun occupation for Taylor — you’ll never guess what!
– Do you think Taylor Swift would write a song about Cory Monteith?
– We challenge our listeners to create a playlist of Taylor’s song based on relationship timelines… care to take the challenge?
– Rumors are flying that “All Too Well” could be a single.
– Fun fact: radios deter road rage. That’s why they placed radios in cars.
– What song could Taylor perform on the Grammy’s? We’re thinking either “Begin Again” and “Highway Don’t Care.”
Since the North American leg of the RED Tour is over, your Taylor Talk hosts can now discuss it! Join Adam, Diane, and Steve for this extra-long episode of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast for Part One of our RED Tour review. We cover the first half of the RED show and we’ll discuss the final half of the show next Monday. Don’t worry though, if you’re still waiting to see the RED show and don’t want to be spoiled, you can still listen to the beginning of the show for Taylor news and mini-segments. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights From Episode 85 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
– Trivia: How many tickets were sold for the North American leg of the RED Tour?
– Diet Coke announces a sleek new design featuring Taylor Swift
– Haters gonna hate, but Taylor’s gonna keep doing her thang.
– Taylor is bringing the RED Tour to LONDON in February!
– You know you’re a Swifty when you obsess over Taylor’s toenails… don’t ask.
– Watch Steve’s vine for the State of Grace opening here and watch the curtain fall again & again & again…
– Adam predicted the show opener, although he doesn’t remember it all.
– We love hairflip photo/hedgehog Taylor Swift so much that we used it for this episode’s feature image.
– It’s Adam & Diane vs. Steve on a particular performance (no spoilers!)
– Steve doesn’t understand one of Taylor’s costume choices. Pst. Men.
– Note: I (Diane) corrected Adam about Jessica Rabbit post-recording… she was in Who Framed Roger Rabbit, not Looney Toons.
– What is the difference between a carousel and a merry go round anyway?
– Taylor snuck in a reference to a song she wrote before she was famous, “Lucky You,” in a RED performance.
– Diane & Steve love it when you send in Adam is So Vain submissions.
It may be long overdue, but in episode 56, Adam, Diane, and Steve are finally discussing the “22” music video! Join us for an in-depth discussion of the video itself, the director, and it’s correlation to past Taylor Swift music videos. We also launch our new RED tour update segment, and we promise we won’t spoil anything for you. Enjoy!
In Episode 56:
– Reminder to vote for Taylor Swift for ACM’s Entertainer of the Year! Go to voteacm.com & see if she wins on the 48th ACM awards airing Sunday, April 7th on CBS 8/7c
– ACM performance speculation…. “Red” as the new country single?
– Taylor Swift will appear as a special guest on the season finale of Fox’s “New Girl”
– Tour update section! And don’t worry, it’s spoil free!
– Rolling Stone’s review of the RED show… beware of spoilers (review contains RED’s setlist)!
– In-depth “22” music video discussion
– Behind the Scenes of “22” videos
– Wheel of Taylor returns: Steve versus Diane
– Be sure to rate us on iTunes please