Dear Swifties, Taylor Swift reminds you to please try to never grow up. This past week, Taylor met her godson, Leo Thames, the son of Jaime King and Kyle Newman, and posted some adorable photos with him on Instagram. In honor of his birth, we discuss “Never Grow Up.” Although the song was never heavily promoted, “Never Grow Up” still continues to be a fan favorite for its poignant and nostalgic lyrics. (I’m not crying. You are.)
What do you think of “Never Grow Up”? Is Taylor mourning the loss of her childhood? How does she think we should try to never grow up? Can we? Leave your response in the comments. Enjoy the episode!
Highlights from Episode 189 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: “Never Grow Up” Song Analysis
– Thanks to listener Rachel for suggesting that we discuss “Never Grow Up” in honor of Taylor’s newborn godson.
– Raise your hand if this song makes you miss your childhood…
– Taylor moved out in July… Leo Thames was born in July… Coincidence? I THINK NOT!
– Why does Taylor change from saying “you” to saying “I”? What’s the emotional impact of the pronoun shift?
– Want more “Never Grow Up”? Steve reminded us that we discussed it previously on Episode 107 for Taylor’s 24th birthday.