Highlights from Episode 149 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast
Main Discussion: Taylor Swift Says She IS A Feminist!
– Our good friend, Kate (@hipstertswift), joins us as our ‘feminist correspondent’ to discuss Taylor’s new-found understanding of feminism.
– Taylor embodies the idea that you can also be a feminist while being feminine.
– Fun fact: Having a boyfriend has nothing to do with whether or not you are a feminist!
– We talk about the hidden feminist messages Taylor has had in her lyrics all along.
– Girls are always put against each other in society (example on PerezHilton.com)… It’s the sad truth, my friends.
– Does anyone ever tell Ed Sheeran that he has a lot of feelings? No. But people attack Taylor for the same reason.
– Read more of Taylor’s views on feminism, life, and much more in The Guardian.
– Check out another perspective on Taylor Swift & Feminism in our good friend Agustin’s blog at theswiftagency.com.
– Want to hear us talk even more about Taylor Swift and feminism? Listen to our interview with @FeministTSwift from June 2013.
– “Shake It Off” just became Taylor’s 60th song to make it on the Billboard Top 100!!
– Taylor is set to be a mentor this season for NBC’s “The Voice.” Tune in starting September 22nd!
– You know you’re a Swifty when you memorized “Shake It Off” in an hour!
– Swifties are listening to “Amnesia” by 5 Seconds of Summer
“Shake It Off” Outtakes Video #1 – The Cheerleaders
Taylor Swift – Shake It Off
Taylor Swift – iHeartRadio – Road to Vegas
What are Swifties Listening To? “Amnesia” by 5 Seconds of Summer