Every day you log online, you’re faced with a choice: should I vote for Taylor Swift for fan voted awards or not? In this episode of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast, we discuss the nature of fan voted awards and the extent to which the award shows control who wins. But never fear, every vote for Taylor STILL matters! Our good friend Agustin from TheSwiftAgency.com joins Adam, Maya, and Steve for this entertaining and informative episode of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast. Enjoy!
In Episode 72 of Taylor Talk: The Taylor Swift Podcast:
- Maya gives us her rainy adventure story seeing Taylor perform in Philly.
- Agustin suggests we pick our battles and not send out death threats… We discuss Bad Kids Clothing using a list of Taylor alleged ex’s as a tank top.
- Taylor teases us with the fifth album in Rolling Stone: “It’s so overwhelming that when you’re starting a project there are such endless possibilities if you’re willing to evolve and experiment. If you’re willing to become a different version of yourself, you can really go anywhere with it. And that’s kind of where I am. The kind of the laboratory experimental stage of really catching onto a new thing that I’m liking.”
- Despite what we talk about in this episode, please continue to vote for Taylor in the Teen Choice Awards and the MTV VMAs.
- Main Discussion: the Taylor Talk team breaks down what fan voted awards REALLY mean
- For the Teen Choice Awards, the fan vote just narrows down the five nominees down to four… the sponsors ultimately decide the winner.
- Is this deceiving? They lead you to believe that the award is purely fan voted. Not many fans would take the time to read the legal information to find out the truth.
- The disclaimer is there to protect the award show. In the end, the award show says they have the right to pick the winner.
- Should there make this information more public? Agustin thinks it would cost the award shows their popularity.
- Maya admits if she ran an award show, she’d want control over what happens too. At the end of the day, the award show is a show.
- Award shows are not created to recognize celebrities; the point of the show is to make money for the network.
- THE BIG QUESTION: Why should fans vote if the vote doesn’t really matter?
- Agustin says that your fan votes still help Taylor get recognized by the award show sponsors and the public. Voting for Taylor ALWAYS helps Taylor maintain visibility and relevance!
- “I don’t see many Maseratis, but when I do, I sing ‘Red.’”
- You know you’re a Swifty when you take creepy stalker pictures of old men with Taylor Swift license plates.
- Adam almost forgot Journey to Fearless is on Netflix, but he does remember that “Long Live” makes him cry.
- A round of Stump the Hosts turns into a round of Stump Agustin!